I want to get Labiaplasty and vaginoplasty. Suggestions please, am I good candidate? (photos)

I have a larger labia minora and clitoris and clitoral hood. I would also like to be tighter. I'm in my early 20s and have never had a child but I've had more than a few partners. I want to get it all taken down in size. I'm concerned, however, about my clitoral region since it's larger and I'm afraid that if the hood were removed then my clitoris would be exposed and it's so sensitive I'm afraid it would be painful during intercourse if the hood were removed. Thank you. Please help.

Candidate for Labiaplasty

Candidates for #labiaplasty and #vaginal surgery include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals , or those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.  Moisture can create problems such as yeast infections. Surgery is the most common treatment and this problem can usually be corrected in under one hour with a local anaesthetic. Many women feel more comfortable and relaxed with a quick twilight or general anaesthetic. Each procedure is customized to the physical findings as well as the desired goals of the patient. Some procedures may include treatment of the clitoris or clitoral hood to further enhance this region.  The “trim procedure” is a straight incision along the edge of the labia to reduce excess tissue.  A “wedge” is the removal of a triangular shaped part of the labia with the remaining parts placed together to look completely normal. 

I want to get a labiaplasty and vaginoplasty. Suggestions?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  You are an excellent candidate for a labiaplasty procedure to help reduce the size of your labia minora as well as the width and length of your clitoral hood tissues.  This will help you achieve a smoother and smaller overall appearance.  Your clitoral hood can be adjusted in size but should not be reduced to the point of clitoral exposure.  If you want to have a vaginal tightening procedure performed at the same time this is possible as well.  Hope that this helps.

Labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction

I reviewed your photos. Your labia minora and clitoral hood are very enlarged. A labiaplasty with a clitoral hood reduction can reduce your size.  However, it must be performed by a surgeon with experience. One of the two most common labiaplasty techniques is the central wedge technique, which I invented in 1995 and published in the plastic surgery textbooks. It is also known as the "V" or wedge technique. Gynecologists and most plastic surgeons perform a labioplasty very differently. They essentially trim the labia minora (inner vaginal lips) and leave a long suture line instead of the normal labial edge. Their technique is the same whether a scalpel or a laser is used. In contrast, the central wedge removes triangles of tissue and bring the normal edges together. Thus, the normal labial edges, normal color, and normal anatomy are preserved, but the darkest labial tissue is usually removed. If you have extra tissue on your clitoral hood, it can be reduced at the same time. Your clitoral hood is thick, wide, and protuberant.  It can be decreased somewhat by reducing the sides.  I pioneered a clitoropexy with clitoral hood reduction in which the clitoris is pushed closer to the pubic bone and the width, thickness, length, and protuberance of the clitoral hood can be decreased.  No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery.
Gary J. Alter, M.D.Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

Vaginoplasty & labia reduction

Dear F:
Thank you for sharing.  You are correct that removing your clitoral hood could be problematic but then again I think the term clitoral hood removal or hoodectomy is a misnomer as I don't know of anyone who understands cosmetic vaginal surgery who would do the complete removal of the hood.
First let me be very clear --choosing a surgeon should be based upon their ability to do the right surgery with giving the patient the very best results.   Let me state this --- you choose a surgeon based on their experience, expertise, results.  So please choose a surgeon wisely and do your research. The surgeon can be a plastic surgeon ( who is well trained and can give great results) or a gynecologist or urogynecologist.  Of  the answers listed below I would put most emphasis on Dr Michael Goodman answer as he speaks from experience and clarity.  There are more than one way to perform a labiaplasty depending upon your needs.    That being said You can ABSOLUTELY  do the vaginoplasty ( is tightening ) and the labia minora simultaneously.  Anyone who states that this can not be done is obviously a novice surgeon and lacks the knowledge and skill to perform the surgery.  
There are more than one approach to these types of surgery and from what I see you would benefit from a labiaplasty, clitoral lift, and reduction of the frenulum, and clitoral hood reduction ( which would be required after the clitoral lift) and then you would be evaluated for the vaginal tightening procedure. I only mention the clitoral hood and clitoris because you state it is enlarged!  If it doesn't bother you then don't do more surgery than you need.   I have been performing vaginoplasties and labia reduction surgeries concurrently  for almost 20 years.  I would recommend this be done under general anesthesia and require usually 1 night in a nursing supervised care facility.
Please do your research and choose a surgeon wisely.
John  R Miklos MD
Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~  Beverly Hills  ~  Dubai

Great labiaplasty candidate

You will make a great candidate for a labiaplasty; in general, I do not advise removal of the hood as it harbors sexual arousal nerves that may be compromised. Most patients observe improve sexual experience following above procedure.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Large labia and clitoral hood; concerned about clitoral glans exposure. Which is BEST PROCEDURE FOR ME??

Hello friend from San Diego,I feel your most important decision involves just whom you will work with. With your individual anatomy and specific desires, it makes good sense that you only work with a surgeon who is very experienced and is able to, each time, DESIGN his/her surgery to fit YOUR ANATOMY and desires, and is skilled in both linear/trim and V-wedge/V-Y modification so as to choose best for you. Same thing re: your vagina. Best is to make sure your surgeon can both perform surgical tightening and has experience with FemiLift or ThermiVa, if these so-called "non-invasive" procedures would best fit your needs. 

You MAY find such a surgeon in your home town, but don't be afraid to travel to find the best person. Considering the risks and importance of the outcome in this so-important area, adding a small airfare to your budget is  a minor expense. Some offices (ours included) will pay for 1-2 nights at a local quality hotel while you are in town.
Looking carefully at your individual anatomy, you would be an excellent candidate for a V-Y wedge (a modification of Dr. Alter's technique) and, it experienced hands, a curvilinear reduction with separate reduction or extra clitoral hood skin. If performed properly (see attached weblink; also see the recent Blog on the site which compares linear with V-Wedge procedures)) neither would involve any extra exposure of your clitoral glans, if performed properly.
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA

Good candidate

hello. Thank you for submitting photos with your question. It seems you are an excellent candidate. I recommend an in person consultation and exam to confirm this. Looking at your photos it doesn't seem your clitoris is very large and so a significant clitoral hood reduction can be done without leaving your clitoris exposed. As for tightening, ThermiVa is a great option for you. It is a non surgical tightening  procedure. Alternatively, vaginoplasty and or perineoplasty can be done. Best wishes ~Dr Poucher

I want to get Labiaplasty

Hello, with the descriptions say apparently have an asymmetry in the labia minora or nymphs, then the ninfoplastia or labiaplasty is done so that they are equal and you are done lipotrasnferencia in the labia majora and the clitoris hide. Be not afraid of pain because there are very good painkillers and antibiotics.

If you want contact me.  Good Luck.

Miriam Luciano
Dominican Republic OB / GYN

Miriam Luciano, MD
Dominican Republic OB/GYN

Perfect Candidate, Perfect Concerns

You are 100% spot on with your concerns. Yes you are a perfect candidate. Please don't let anyone do a trim labiaplasty on you. The extended wedge with hood reduction (horseshoe labiaplasty) is the way to go. The best doctor out west is Dr. Alter. I would trust him with my family. Most GYN's just want to take out the scissors and the local anesthetic. You should have proper IV anesthesia for your comfort.Tightening is a common "side effect" of the labiaplasty surgery and the opening will get smaller with the extended wedge procedure. I would not advise pursuing a vaginoplasty (vaginal tightening) procedure at this time.