What is the best long term treatment for my cellulite besides the dieting and exercise?

Treating cellulite

Cellulite is dimpling of the skin, usually on the upper legs and buttocks.
The dimpling is caused by fibrous bands that attach to the skin above and muscle below.
If you gain weight, the fat makes the cellulite look worse but it doesn't cause the cellulite.

The only way to treat cellulite with a reasonable expectation of lasting results is with Cellulaze.
This combines small surgical incisions and a laser fiber that cuts the fibrous bands and melts the fat around them.

In the FDA approval study done by the Celllulze manufacturer, most patients were pleased even at the end of a year. The result however is improvement - it will not get rid of all cellulite. 

For many women, the high cost of treatment leads them to cross Cellulaze off their list and live with their celllulite but that is a personal decision. Best wishes.

Best long term treatment for cellulite

Cellfina is the best treatment on the market today for cellulite. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist near you experienced in Cellfina. They can examine you, then discuss in greater detail with you.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.   If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Treatment option

If you truly have cellulite, cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done under local or just IV sedation. It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment. Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your good question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite Treatment

I like Smooth Shapes for cellulite, it takes 2 treatments/ week for 4 weeks.  It is not painful, not invasive, and it works!  It uses laser energy and a rolling technique with suction to break up the fibrous bands causing the cellulite.

Unfortunately, while diet and exercise are great for many things- they don't help cellulite!

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite Treatment

I would recommend you learn more about Cellulaze - the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite. Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things: 1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence. The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!  

Cellulaze to get rid of cellulite

Thank you for your question. As many people suffer from cellulite the best treatment is Cellulaze. Cellulaze is a minimally invasive procedure to help smoother over the skin while keeping it cellulite-free. It is best to consult with your surgeon to decide if this is the best procedure for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite Dimples Can Respond To Subcision Combined Volumizing Fillers

While I would love to say that dieting and exercise (both great lifestyle changes, in general) can help cellulite, unfortunately, this is rarely the case. Cellulite, which typically appears on the thighs and buttocks, affects between 80% and 90% of women to a greater or lesser extent. Vertical, tethering fibrous bands interspersed between the fat, along with tissue edema, causes the familiar "cottage cheese" or "orange peel" dimpling and fat bulges that are cosmetically troubling.

Despite the marketing hype to the contrary, cellulite creams are pretty much useless and even the much touted lasers have been disappointing and not worth the expense or time to undergo the treatments. 

For deeper dimples, I have found that subscision, which breaks up the tethering bands, followed by the injection of volumizing fillers, such as Radiesse combined with Perlane L (in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice) or Radiesse combined with Restylane SQ (in my Israel satellite facility where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers and volumizers are available) is an excellent way to effect a gratifying improvement after a series of two to four treatments spaced at a minimum of six week intervals. The use of Radiesse, a biostimulatory filler, further enhances the subcision's ability to stimulate new, native collagen synthesis (neocollagenesis) leading to additional improvement and more long-term results.

For more information on subcision, check out the archives of Realself.com

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

I wish I could say that dieting and exercise is the best long term treatment for cellulite. Unfortunately this is not true. Cellulite is a skin condition that can be seen in 80% of females, skinny or overweight.It is a complex condition and until recently we had no long term results with any treatment. The Cellulaze laser was recently introduced which treats this condition effectively. It is a minimally invasive treatment done under local anesthesia. It treats the fibrous bands which are responsible for the depressions, the bulges under the skin (subdermal fat) and also will lead to skin tightening. See a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who has experience with this treatment modality. Good luck.