I need help deciding between 400cc or 450 cc HP silicone implant.

I am 34A, 5'6, and weigh about 136 lbs. Which implant size will give me a full C cup/small D?

Breast augmentation

The first question I would ask is if you have tried on the implants. This is how to decide which one would look best for you.

450 cc

For you goals based on your info, I would recommend the 450cc HP silicone gel breast implants for your breast augmentation.  You need at least 200cc per cup size.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Implant size

There is only about a ten percent difference in implant size and either size should get you to your goal.  We have more patients who wish they had gone larger than the other way around so I would recommend the 450 implants.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast size

High profile implants generally give less cleavage than other styles.  I try to avoid them. Without photos or measurements it is impossible to say what implant would look best on you.  450cc  often results a C or D cup but it depends on natural breast size and where one buys the bra.

Tim Neavin, MD

Choosing the proper Implant size

You are concerning yourself with a shot glass of fluid and without any specific parameters relating to the actual breasts themselves. There is no way to tell you which will be better until a surgeon sizes implants in surgery and understands your aesthetic goals. You shouldn't have to pick your implants - your surgeon should size you in surgery and choose the one that best suits your desired outcome. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Implant size in Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question

The implant size for your desired result will be best determined with a thorough in-office evaluation.  There are many ways tod determine an implant suitable to you.  The most important factor is the different measurements you surgeon will do.

The choice of implant, type, profile, size will also be dependent on your surgeons expertise, experience, artistic vision, and communication.

Please make sure you choose a surgeon board certified by "The American Board of Plastic Surgery", check her/his reviews, before and afters, credentials, experience, and have a quality consultation.

You surgeon should be preferably be a member of "American Society of Plastic Surgeons" and a member of "American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons" to indicate cosmetic plastic surgery is their main focus and they have been evaluated to perform quality aesthetic surgery.

Payam Jarrah-Nejad, MD

Size of breast implant

Thank you for the question. To determine which implant size is best for you will depend on several factors; your desired look, the shape and size of the breasts, your breast measurements and the type of implant you choose. During your consultation take with you picture of breast cases to give an idea to your surgeon what you expect. Using implant sizers and sometimes imaging will help you in determining the size of the implant. A big factor in determining the size of the implant is your anatomic measurements and the skin envelope. It is really helpful to you if you try to avoid using cup sizes as the goal for implant size. Bras come in different shapes and padding and the cup size will not be helpful in selecting the implant size. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Figuring out the best implant size

Thank you for your question. Implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want instead of a specific cup size or implant size. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Implant Volume and Cup Size

I can assure you that there is no way to determine accurately or consistently a cup size based on implant volume. More importantly, it is irrelevant. You need to have in-office sizing with an unpadded bra to see how you look in the mirror.  That's all that matters - how you see yourself.

Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in breast surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size. It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon