I have bags that sit on the tops of my cheeks not directly under the eyes but is there any way to fix this?! (photo)

It is worse in the mornings

I have bags that sit on the tops of my cheeks not directly under the eyes but is there any way to fix this

I think the best option for you at this age is to use a filler in the malar crease to hide the line of demarcation and allow it to look smoother.

Thank you for your photo. You have festoons which are just below your eyelid. These areas still remain a challenge to fully resolve due to the tendency for that area to recollect fluid and stretch overtime. I have found that the most consistent improvements come with an extended lower blepharoplasty or lower eyelid lift which releases the ligaments tethering back the skin and causing the lines in that area. It is best to have an in-office examination to determine the safest and most effective treatment for your particular festoons. There are some stand-out plastic surgeons in San Diego who specialize in this type of procedure who may be more local to you. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lower lid fullness

You have what I would call festoons or malar bags. There are a number of solutions to address this condition, from surgical tightening, to dermal fillers, to cauterizing deep tissue, to C02 laser. I would encourage you to consider C02 laser first, as it is the least invasive and easiest to do.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

Totally fixable--Malar Bags and Festoons Treatment: lasers, fillers, peels

Lasers, fillers, and peels work best in this area.  I suggest seeing an expert for a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.