I am 5 ft 9" 225 lbs seeking a BBL what do you recommend?

This may be reasonable if you are healthy.  BMI is only one measure of fitness for surgery.

Brazilian but lift

Thank you for your question. It is very important to have your case evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.You can send photos and request a virtual evaluation, you can also include photos of your wish list.

In my personal understanding not all patients want to be skinny, to the procedure can be customize to your personal needs.

The more realistic your expectations the closer to ideal result. 

sincerely Dr Manuel Gutierrez Romero

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...I will recommend you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that can help you with your desired look, also, I suggest you to lose weight for better results!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Rami Ghurani, MD

BBL

Without seeing pictures of you, it is hard to determine this. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination performed and review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate to undergo cosmetic surgery. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. In regards to your BMI, I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. Your BMI is around 33 so I would recommend getting it down to at least 30. I also recommend that my patients maintain their goal weight for at least 6 months prior to surgery because weight fluctuations can affect your results. It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. 
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Patient selection for a Brazilian Butt Lift.

It is not possible to give you a definitive answer without the ability to examine you.  It will be important for you to seek out a plastic surgeon who performs gluteal fat grafting (Brazilian Butt Lift) on a regular basis.  In general however,in the performance of a Brazilian Butt Lift, fat tissue is harvested from appropriate areas, processed and purified and then reinjected into the buttock area in order to reshape and resculpt the buttocks.  When considering this procedure the first question to be answered is "Do you have enough available fat?"  Petite women with a BMI of 20 or less will not have enough available fat to reshape the buttocks.  Patient's with a BMI of 28 usually equates to a dress size 10-14.  These patients normally have sufficient fat available and are good candidates for fat transfer.  Fat grafting in a small framed woman will require between 350 cc to 550 cc of processed fat to effectively shape the buttock area.  Medium framed patients may require between 700 cc to 900 cc and a large frame individual may need 850 cc to 1200 cc.  If there is not enough available fat it is reasonable to recommend gaining 5-20 pounds preoperatively.  The amount of retained fat varies from person to person.  It is reasonable however to expect 60% to 80% of the fat to survive.  It will take 3-6 months postoperatively to know for sure how much fat actually survived.  Good luck

.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

BBL candidate

It is difficult to answer this question without pictures. I recommend that you seek a consultation with a board certified surgeon who performs a high number of these procedures to determine if you a candidate. Good luck! 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Recommendation

I recommend you get an in person consultation from a local board-certified plastic surgeon who asked expertise in this procedure.

Wait by itself or BMI is not a good indicator if someone has a good candidate for Lipo suction, a BBL or any other procedures.

13 many variables such as fat distribution, muscle laxity, skin laxity etc. to make a yes or no answer to your question.

You could post pictures of yourself but to get an accurate assessment you need an in person consultation.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon