Are hair grafts a good choice to lower/round out hairline and bring temporal hair closer in? (photo)

I am weary of hairline lowering surgery & want to know if hair grafts are a better option. I have curly hair & am prone to ingrowns, could this be an issue? Also about how many grafts would need to be harvested, and about how much could this cost? If I go this route as a pose to hairline lowering surgery, will the new hairline be noticably thinner or prevent me from wearing my hair slicked up into a bun or ponytail?

Grafts for Hairline Lowering

Curly hair is an advantage not a problem if you choose to lower your hairline using grafts. It will take longer to achieve the final result with this technique but carefully select your surgeon after seeing multiple examples of that individual's work.

Hairline Lowering In Women with Curly Hair

Hairline lowering with hair transplantation is preferable as there is less scarring in the anterior scalp. Please view a lot of before and after pictures and pick your surgeon carefully.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairline lowering

You can save considerably on hair grafts if you consider a hairline advancement first. This will decrease the number of grafts needed and has the potential to lift the temples and brows area. You should look for a surgeon with a specialized expertise in this field.

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline lowering with hair transplants

As you are in California, please consider visiting me. I can examine you to make sure that the appropriate solution for your hair loss and large forehead is addressed properly. My wife had her forehead reduced as well as my daughter-in-law with great results.  

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant or hair grafting would be a good solution to round out your forehead or narrow your temples.

Hair transplant or hair grafting would be a good solution to round out your forehead or narrow your temples.  It is best to see a doctor in person for a consultation and examination.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon