Do you guys think I was botched? (photos)

I feel like my nose is not in harmony with the rest of my features. It's only been a week and I know it's too soon to judge but I don't think the round nose compliment my face. I think he made my tip too small he gave me a new tip and that's not what we talked about. Also it just completely changed my face I don't look the same. I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard I haven't even seen my doctor since before I had surgery he didn't remove my cast Idk if that's normal that he didn't show

Rhinoplasty - Recovery First

You are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Postop fears after a rhinoplasty

I dont know if its normal for the surgeon to not remove the splint.  The only I can say wrt yor nose that it is too early to judge any type of results.  It is very common for the nose to be swollen and for patients to "not recognize themselves."  Please allow the nose to heal and reassess 6 weeks post op.

Raghu Athre, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

Dear arill1992, It is to early to determine any results at this time and you will need to speak with your surgeon and see him often for follow up appointments to discuss your concerns. Most typically surgeons remove their patients splints themselves as it is truly one of the most rewarding parts of our practice. On the few times I can count over the past ten years I did not remove a splint the patient was aware that I would not be there for the removal at the time of their surgical scheduling. As you state try and stay positive and hopefully your surgeon can provide you some peace of mind. He/she knows best what the proposed results were and where you are in the recovery phase. I can not see your profile however from what I can see you look like you are on the road to a nice recovery.  Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD