Forhead lines at an early age ?

I'm 20 years old but have already noticed horizontal forehead lines! I really want them gone ! is it too young for Botox ? Is there anything else I can do to get rid of them or is Botox my only option!

Botox for forehead Lines at an Early Age

Retinols and sunscreen all help minimize fine lines but Botox is the only way to "erase" these horizontal genetic lines which will get worse with aging.  To prevent these lines from getting deeper I would suggest you consider "baby" Botox with an expert injector.  Best, Dr. Green

Can't be to young for BOTOX

Botox was developed for use in newborns that are cross-eyed.  Botox is injected into the muscles of these infants to help correct the asymmetry.
For cosmetic use Botox is safe for the forehead in a young person.
A careful exam will help delineate why your wrinkles are developing so early and Botox can be one of the solutions. 
Best wishes, Dr. Denkler

You’re not too young for BOTOX®.

It’s not uncommon for people to begin BOTOX® treatments at a young age. BOTOX® smoothes out dynamic wrinkles that result from repeated muscle movements, particularly crow’s feet, next to the eyes, and vertical frown lines between the brows. Consult with an experienced injector to determine whether BOTOX® is the right option for your specific wrinkles. It’s possible that a different treatment may be the better option for you, or that a combination of procedures could give you the best results.

Forhead lines at an early age ?

While retinol may minimize fine lines, Botox Cosmetic® or Xeomin® injections are the current gold standard treatment to completely ERASE upper face wrinkles, even for patients in their 20's. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Botox At 20 Years Old

At your consultation, an experienced injector should be able to provide you with options which would be best suited for your specific needs. Botox maybe a good place to start, if you are a good candidate.

Be sure to book your consultation with an experienced injector.

Take care.

Forehead lines

Horizontal lines on your forehead are caused by muscles moving. If the lines bother you, it is reasonable to freeze those muscles with BOTOX to make your forehead look smoother.  Starting Botox early and keeping up with it will help prevent the etched lines that some patients have as they age.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Forehead Wrinkles and Crows -- Botox, Lasers, Fillers, Needling

There are many options its best to start with botox, fillers and lasers/needling. these address all the reasons for forehead lines : genetics, movement, and complexion issues.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox for forehead wrinkles at age 20 is perfectly fine - Williamsville, NY

It is perfectly acceptable to get Botox injections at the age of 20 if there are dynamic wrinkles. Repeated injections will reduce the likelihood of needing continued injections later on. It also prevents permanent etching of these lines.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Botox in your 20s?

Lines on your face develop because of repetitive muscle use and the connections between the skin and the underlying muscle.  This is why over time everyone develops wrinkles.  Botox/Xeomin work by paralyzing the muscle to a degree so that the lines become less noticeable.  The more the muscle is paralyzed, the less movement in the muscle and fading away of the lines, but also less movement in your overall face.

There is no rule that you cannot get Botox in your 20s and early use may delay the development of deeper wrinkles which are harder to treat.  However, the product is expensive and requires regular upkeep.  So remember that if you do decide to start and like the look that you will have to continue to receive injections as the effects last 4-6 months.  It is a personal decision for you to make if you want to proceed that direction.  I would encourage you to see an experienced plastic surgery injector who is good at targeting the lines without stopping all facial movement. You are young and should be able to express yourself with facial emotions.  I would also encourage you to practice other preventative measures such as a good daily skin regimen and use of sunscreen which will go a long was to keep your skin looking youthful.

Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam

Forhead lines at an early age ?

For most adults the use of Botox or Xeomin to soften and possibly alleviate forehead wrinkles is a reasonably smart approach. Remember however that it is not inexpensive and each injection lasts for about 3 to 4 months. Though I used to be against the use of Botox in people under the age of 30, there is now some evidence that its use may delay the development of wrinkling in the skin and so it is a reasonable consideration. Keep in mind however that it can become somewhat addicting and since it's not inexpensive you may be making a commitment that over the long-term may be costly to you. Whichever way you decide to go make sure that you apply sun block and protect your skin from excessive drying and aging in the future.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Diplomate, Am Bd of Plastic Surgery

Jon A. Perlman, MD