How do I fix my lip? (photos)

My lips are pretty full but my only problem is my top right lip. It's curving inward making my lips look so weird. Is there anyway that I can fix it? Btw I already have straightened teeth

Doctor Answers 8

Unusually full upper lip

Thanks for your photos and your question. While frequently people will jump to the idea that filler in less full zones of the lip is the answer the opposite may be true for you. You are one of the rare patients that needs to consider formal lip reduction surgery to debulk your upper lip. This does of course require a hands on consult by a board certified Plastic surgeon to assess if you have enlarged muscle only or something else leading to such a large upper lip, but assuming this is not related to past injections and is your natural lips you need some volume removed not added. Best wishes going forward.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

Lip shaping

I believe you are interested in raising the right lateral aspect of the lip to match the left side.  There is a lateral lip lift which I perform sometimes for such asymmetries.  You would need to be evaluated in person to determine if you are a candidate for this procedure and if the scarring would be acceptable. 

Gilbert Lee, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Lip Surgery can help fixing your problem!

Thanks for your question. If you do not have a problem with your teeth, lip surgery can help you fix your lip shape. And you can expect a good result from the surgery. Anyway, please consult with a high qualified plastic surgeon in order to achieve the result that you expect.

Tanongsak Panyawirunroj, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

How do I fix my lip? (photos)

You have a huge, short upper lip. and a big lower lip. I think that putting anything into the upper lip doesn't make sense.  You don't want the lip bigger.  I don't think there is an easy non surgical fix for your lips. You look young  to be doing a surgical debulking.

 Over time the upper lip will stretch and thin regardless. 


Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

How Do I Fix My Lip?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photos, I would suggest the use of a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm in order to achieve greater symmetry.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Christian N. Ford, MD
Cohasset Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

Getting the lips you want with facial fillers (belotero, restylane)

This can be improved with well placed filler. I suggest belotero, restylane silk or juvederm ultra to just give a little plump without much size. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

How do I fix my lip?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. I would recommend placement of a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler into your top right lip in order to add some volume and definition to better approximate your left upper lip.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your best options.  Best wishes.

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 69 reviews

Lip question

I don't know if you have had injections yet or not. The upper lip is much larger in proportion to the lower and projects more than it should. This can be balanced with filler in the lower lip. If there is too much filler in the upper, it should be dissolved.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.