How to find a surgeon who does Chin Implants regularly?

Advice on here always suggests: "Find a board certified facial plastic surgeon who does chin implants regularly". Exactly how does one go about doing this? Literally every doctor I've read up on, even on here, will have a couple chin implants in their website before & after. But usually it's 99% other things. Nobody I've run across does them "a lot". How can I find this subset of chin implant experts to choose from in the first place?

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

You are correct that it is difficult to find experts on specific procedures.  Also, based on the ratio of cases skewed towards rhinoplasty in most practices, this makes the chin implant number of before and afters scarce.A board certified facial plastic surgeon and plastic surgeon, in general, have great skill to provide a proper chin implant procedure.  If you want further knowledge on a surgeon's expertise, I would consider going to pubmed, which is a government peer reviewed medical journal library, and research chin implant journal articles that are written by surgeons who specialize in this type of surgery.  You can then get some names to help you start your search.    Good luck. 

Finding a Surgeon

To help you find the best chin augmentation plastic surgeon I recommend starting your search by consulting friends or family members who have had plastic surgery done. You can also search online for the best chin surgeon in your area. It is best to find a board certified plastic surgeon with a website with a lot of chin augmentation before and after photo. Your surgeon should also have good patient reviews online. Lastly, consult with more than one surgeon, before deciding which doctor is best for you.  

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  

Hope this helps.