Finasteride: persistent sexual side effects?

There is a lot of hysteria online regarding this. Do the expert doctors here believe there may be some truth to this? Thanks,

Finasteride side effects

I prescribe Finasteride on a regular basis for male pattern hair loss; I even take it myself. I also have prescribed this product to patients for prostate enlargement at a higher dose for over 30 years. I have yet to see a case of permanent sexual disfunction. If there are any hints of sexual dysfunction , I have the patient take the medicine every other day and typically resolves. I know this IS a reportable side effect, but as you can see, I think the benefits out weigh the risks.

Finasteride side effects

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hair loss & erectile dysfunction with finasteride -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

The

association
between finasteride and permanent erectile dysfunction

after
discontinuance exists, but it is less than 1%. If it concerns you,
choose combination therapy that I favor, including progesterone and PRP.

hair
transplant is always an option.
Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

The

association

after

hair
transplant is always an option.
Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Post Finasteride Syndrome. ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

Post Finasteride Syndrome reportedly exists in 1% of Finasteride users  who have discontinued use. There is a tremendous psychological effect. It is recognized by the FDA .It is rare. One cannot deny it may exist.Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon