Finasteride: persistent sexual side effects?

There is a lot of hysteria online regarding this. Do the expert doctors here believe there may be some truth to this? Thanks,

Finasteride side effects

I prescribe Finasteride on a regular basis for male pattern hair loss; I even take it myself. I also have prescribed this product to patients for prostate enlargement at a higher dose for over 30 years. I have yet to see a case of permanent sexual disfunction. If there are any hints of sexual dysfunction , I have the patient take the medicine every other day and typically resolves. I know this IS a reportable side effect, but as you can see, I think the benefits out weigh the risks.

Overland Park Family Physician

Hair loss & erectile dysfunction with finasteride -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

between finasteride and permanent erectile dysfunction

discontinuance exists, but it is less than 1%. If it concerns you,
choose combination therapy that I favor, including progesterone and PRP.

transplant is always an option.
Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Post Finasteride Syndrome. ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

Post Finasteride Syndrome reportedly exists in 1% of Finasteride users  who have discontinued use. There is a tremendous psychological effect. It is recognized by the FDA .It is rare. One cannot deny it may exist.Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon