What fillers would make the biggest improvement and a youthful appearance and how many would I need for each cheek? (photos)

Cheeks augmentation

hi and thanks for your question. For cheek volume ,We like to use fillers with more viscosity and larger molecule size.

Voluma and Emervel volume are the HA fillers I usually use for cheeks.

Toronto Physician

Dermal Filler for Cheek volume

I would agree that 1 syringe per side is a good place to start.

As for Volume, the studies which provided the "up to 2 year correction" data used 6 syringes to achieve that. I doubt you will be doing 6 syringes. I would expect 1 syringe of Restylane Lyft per side to work just as well, last just as long, and most likely at a lower cost per syringe. 

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Cheeks fillers

Thank you for your question and photos. I think 1-2 vials of Voluma to the cheeks are adequate. A small amount to tear troughs is reasonable. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Fillers for A Youthful Appearance

Dear dmbranche:

Looking at your photos, my recommendation would be to enhance your cheeks with Voluma, with you probably needing 1-2 vials in total.  All the best.

What Filler would make the biggest improvement?

Hi and thanks for your question. There are various fillers in the market that would give you a youthful appearance. I would use Voluma XC on your cheeks to give them a lift. This filler is injected deeper and can last up to 2 years. It is hard to say how much you would need, but I would consider 2 syringes . If the tear trough and nasolabial folds still need filling after the Voluma XC injections then I would suggest Juvederm. Good Luck. Dr. Eros

Voluma would probably provide the most improvement

Thank you for your question and photos! Based on the photos you have provided, Voluma would lift and create more definition in your cheeks. I would start with 1 syringe on either cheek, or 2 syringes total. You could also consider adding some filler underneath your eyes in the tear trough area to eliminate some of the hollowing underneath the eye. For this area, I like to use Belotero or Restylane. Ultimately, if you are considering filler treatment I recommend having an in person consultation with a provider familiar with all injectables to help you decide what will be best for you!

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon