Do I have enough fat for transfer to breasts? (Photo)

I would like a small increase (1 cup size) in my breasts, and do not want implants. I have been told I do not have enough fat for fat transfer, is this true? I am 5'5" 115lbs. Thanks!

Fat transfer

You have fat and you could choose fat transfer. The question is whether you will achieve a result that you expect to achieve. The query is what your perception of a cup is. Answering this question is the key to whether you proceed with this procedure.

Fat transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Do I have enough fat for transfer to breasts?

Yes, you have enough fat for transfer to the breasts.  You need at least 600 cc of pure fat for the procedure, which can be obtained from you while leaving the liposuctioned areas smooth and even.

Fat transfer candidate

You will need fat harvesting from multiple areas for fat grafting. I have done patients smaller than you and the attached link is an example.

Fat transfer candidate

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Fat

If you have already been told that you do not have enough fat to transfer, then you might want to consider implants.

Fat

If you just want a cup size

bigger and no implants, consider BRAVA and use whatever fat that can be harvested from your body.  If none, the BRAVA may be good enough by itself.  

If you just want a cup size

Enough fat for fat transfers to breasts?

You look like you are in great shape and have fairly low percentage body fat.  You have to be examined in person to know for sure, but based on your pics, I would go after the fat in your abdomen and muffin tops.  The buttocks is usually a good go-to donor area but you do not look like you have much excess to give there (as you would not want to lose your curves there).  Other good areas to go after are usually the outer and inner thighs.  I can't see though what you have there in the pics you submitted.  I would not waste any time going after the little fat in your arms or upper back based on what I can see.  I recommend you see several board certified plastic surgeons with a lot of experience with fat transfers.  Best wishes.

Breast Fat Transfer

It's possible that you're a candidate but this can only be determined during an inperson consultation with an experienced liposuction fat transfer specialist. Your donor areas may include abdomen, flanks, lower back, arms, inner thigh, and knees. Expect 1/2  to 2/3 of a cup increase with each session. 

Breast Fat Transfer

Unfortunately, you are not a good candidate for fat transfer to the breasts. The results that you would achieve would be barely noticeable and disappointing. The use of breast implants for augmentation will be your best option for predictable results. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes. Dr. Gregory Park, San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Enough fat for a 1 cup size breast enlargement??

Provides a half cup size increase but in your case I am not even sure you would achieve that.  I think you got good advice during your consultation.  The best choice for you if you do wish to make the change would be to consider cohesive silicone gel breast implants in my opinion.  Best wishes,

It is rare that someone can achieve a full cup size increase even with abundant available fat for transfer during one session.  In your case I really feel that you likely do not have adequate fat to make a substantial difference in your cup size.  Most people feel that a successful session of fat augmentation

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD