My eyelid has changed in the past 9 months. Please help! So confused. (photos)

It is fine when I wake up then it changes when I am stressed, during different times of my cycle, when I am tired, and with heat. It gets better if I nap most of the time but I just want to know what is happing. Is my eye being pushed forward? Is it a ptosis? Help! 9 months ago, they used to be the same. Two pictures show the change in my eye- one after a shower and one later on in the evening. The other photo shows how my eyes look when I get up in the morning and how they used to look.

Ptosis of eyelid

sometimes ptosis can be more pronounced during times of stress. Ptosis means the eyelid is droopy. It does not mean your eye is pushed forward. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you.

See oculoplastic specialist

You have mild asymmetric eyelid ptosis and hollowness in upper eyelids. See an oculoplastic for evaluation. 

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis

Yes, you have ptosis of your upper eyelid. The most likely cause is stretching of the muscle that attaches to the eyelid on that side.The muscle lifts and holds the upper eyelid in position.  I would recommend seeing an Ophthalmologist for a thorough evaluation to rule out other causes of ptosis.  If the examination rules out other causes, surgery to correct the ptosis would be the solution.  First things first, schedule an evaluation with an Ophthalmologist.

George Orloff, MD, FACS
Burbank Plastic Surgeon

This is mild upper eyelid ptosis with lash ptosis and compensatory eyebrow elevation.

This responds beautifully to an approach I call microblepharoplasty.  Instead of removing things, this surgery focuses on correcting structure: repairing the ptosis, making a hard crease, and supporting the upper eyelid lashes.  Generally this type of correction is associated with a relaxation of the eye brow position.  Generally it is about 10 days of recovery before people go back to work.  This type of work is best performed under light intravenous sedation.

Eyelid changes

Without a physical exam, it is hard to tell you what is going on. I would start with your ophthalmologist or an oculoplastic doctor.