There's some extra space under my right breast, will my implants settle into it? (photos)

I'm 1 week shy of 3 months post my breast aug & I notice my left boob is doing amazing but my right one has a space between where my skin folds & where my implant is. Will this go away? Is it normal?

There's some extra space under my right breast, will my implants settle into it?

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Thank you for the question and photos. It is difficult to answer your question without seeing your preop photos to see any visual assymetries. It takes 3-6 months to settle down. I would recommend to have a close follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Post op breast augmentation

this is difficult to know because there is no pre op photo to compare. However, you should expect that the breasts will continue to change over the next 6-9 months.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Implant Settling 3 Months

Thank you for your question and photo. It appears that you may require a little more settling and softening of tissues. Contour irregularities along the midline often smooth out over time. If you have ongoing concerns, let your Plastic Surgeon know.
All the best

Space under breast

Thanks for asking about your recovery. While some patients may be pretty settled in at 2 or 3 months following breast augmentation, many may need 5 or 6 months to have the implant fully settle into the bottom of the pocket for the implant. Also, most patients don't settle at exactly the same right on the left and right side, one may lag a bit behind the other. Your surgeon may ask you to do a bit more massage on the right side, but that is a question for your Plastic surgeon for they know the type of implant and may have their own approach to post operative care. Visit your surgeon so they can advise you and at least follow any changes over the next few months, good luck.

Jeffrey Nelson, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon