How will having an extended tummy tuck first affect the results of a future Brazilian butt lift? (photos)
Doctor Answers 7
BBL after an Extended Tummy Tuck
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon
BBL after an extended tummy tuck
Thanks for your question and photos. You seem like and ideal candidate for a Brazilian butt lift. However, based on your scars, it seems that reasonable option would be to finish your scars in the middle and do a lower body lift with possible auto augmentation just based on the scars that you currently have.
I personally would have done the liposuction first, with the tummy tuck at the same time while making the scar for an extended much less. But again that is irrelevant as your scars are what they are. I think you would also benefit from some anterior liposuction should there be some fat there after your swelling has gone away which may take 3 months or longer. Be patient. I am not sure that you can reach the results you seek based on just photos, thus an in person exam would be necessary. I recommend being seen by a board certified plastic surgeon that does body contouring and can show you results from extended tummy tuck with BBL's after. Good Luck.
All the best,
Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
You might also like...
How will having an extended tummy tuck first affect the results of a future Brazilian butt lift?
Does the Tummy Lift Drop The Booty Bump? ...No it does not!
Let's start with you first question and go inorder:
- When is the proper time to wait after your prior surgery? This is a little bit of an unknown because you want to wait until ALL of the swelling has gone down from your, based on your photos, nearly fully circumferential lift. I can't stress how important this part is because in my opinion, the most powerful part of the a BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift) is the sculpting of the torso...and ANY swelling is going to slightly negatively affect that sculpture process
- Will the extended scar affect your roundness? It could.. and at this stage it is also an unknown. It really depends on how your scars soften. Scars take a minimum of 6 months to soften. I believe that if your scars are still firm at 6 months...it is worth the result to wait until they soften...and that can take up to 12 months.
- Do you have enough fat for a BBL? Based on the photo, it does appear you have enough fat for a BBL. The most important question is always do you have enough fat for the size you want to be. If the wish list photos, are examples of how "big" and "projected" you want to be...I think the size and projection is possible to be obtained. However, I think you will require more than one fat grafting surgery and/or a combination implant and fat transfer may better accomplish your goals. The best way to determine this is alway with an inpatient consultation.
BBL after extended tummy tuck and breast enhancement
In fact, thin patients who think they have little fat could have BBL if their doctor will liposuction/collect fats from larger areas of the body.
After six months and you still wish to have your derriere enhanced, make sure that you choose a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs BBL and other butt enhancement techniques on a regular basis, which his extensive photo gallery of previous patients can prove.
For additional details, you may want to read my blog entry about this procedure.
Good luck and regards.
BBL after extended abdominoplasty
Great question, and based on your photos you can expect:
1) The scars will migrate upwards closer to your waist line as the liposuction around your buttocks will lead to predictable results raising your buttocks.
2) As your plastic surgeon defines your frame more, and also augments the most projecting parts of your buttocks to either give you more projection (the last photo you posted) or the sides of your buttocks (which I cannot see on the photos) to give you a more rounded frame (the third foto you posted), the scar again will be pushed more superiorly.
3) Fat grafting has been shown to help reduce and soften the scar tissue, and therefore you will hopefully see a less pronounced scar.
The key to a perfect BBL is the liposuction! Simply with just a well done lipo, your buttocks will be augmented, sculpt and defined. You seem to have a great frame for outstanding results.
The fat grafting of your buttocks can be used to further augment the projection or to give you a rounder frame if that is what you desire. The fat grafting part of the procedure if done correctly will further enhance your buttocks.
I would wait minimum of 3-6 months to perform the BBL since you want to make sure the changes from the healing process after your abdominoplasty are stable.
Hope this helps, and good luck with your BBL.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.