Early symptoms of capsular contracture? 2 months post-op BA and breast lift. (photos)

I am 8 weeks post op from a BA & breast lift under the muscle I'm scarred because I have left breast pain i feel it on the top of my breast when I move my left arm I feel like a sharp dull soreness pain even when I don't move my arm I could feel like a sharp pain their. When I bend down I feel like it adds more pressure on the top of my breast I never experienced this before did I hurt my muscle or is it capsular contracture? My breast feel soft and not hard I am scarred pleas help

Breast Implants and Pain

Thank you for both your questions and the pictures.  It does not seem to be a capsular contracture.  However, an examination is much better than a picture to accurately assess the issue.

You are only 8 weeks after a operation on your breasts that involves not only raising the muscles and placing an implant but also a lift.  There is a lot of healing going on both above and below the muscles.  Pain at two months is not unexpected and will resolve over time.  Bending over does exacerbate the pain because the implant is now pulling on your breast tissues which are already sore and swollen.

Looks to be an excellent result.  Talk to your doctor about this issue.  I recommend to my patients NSAID's like Advil or Ibuprofen to help with the pain.

Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Pain in breasts

From your photographs, your result looks quite good to me. Because you say both breasts are soft, and you're only two months after surgery it's doubtful that capsular contracture is at play. The muscle issues that you describe are best assessed in person, preferably by your operating plastic surgeon who knows your situation best. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE

The photos show a very nice result and minimal differences in the breast shape. The pain may be related with other factors, like your hormones levels, use of the extremities, the implants been under the muscle, etc. An examination in person is necessary to see if there is a noticeable difference between the right and left breast to the palpation.

Pain

Thank you for the question and if your breasts are soft you do not have capsular contracture and probably at this early date are experiencing some muscle pain but if you have concerns see your surgeon

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Capsular contracture?

Difficult to tell from photos what you are concerned about; over all they look great; right breast slightly larger than the left; a consultation and an examination would be most helpful.

Arian Mowlavi, MD