Can I ask the doctor to cover all the cost of a correction even though I am not going back to him? I don't trust him

left nostril was large & it was uneven all the way around, right nostril was perfect. went to the "best doc in san diego" with great detail explained what i wanted, went back 2 more times to make sure he knew what i wanted & his staff said yes yes he knows. showed pictures to compare or get close to, did not happen, i cant breath from my right nostril, left nostril is in same condition along with the Button nose i told him i wanted to keep. was told he gave me the nose he wanted me to have.

Revision Rhinoplasty

Dear lynniemac69, The objective of most surgeons is to make sure their patient is happy and if the patient surgeon relationship has been obstructed then often times the surgeon may refund the patient some or all of their fees however this is dependent on the surgeon and their practices. I would suggest at this time requesting a copy of your operative report and your pre-operative photographs and seek some second opinions with other expert surgeons in the field of rhinoplasty. After the second opinions you should be well informed of what corrections you may need and have an idea of the expenses involved. You may want to travel out of San Diego due to your current surgeons location there. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Revision rhinoplasty

Hi and thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems following rhinoplasty. I would suggest that you seek a second opinion with a Nother very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. This would be someone who is also certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and preferably a member of the American Society for Aesthetuc Plastic Surgery. That's my advice after 30 years in practice performing rhinoplasty. Best of luck

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

More information is needed including a full set of facial photographs and the timeline on when the initial rhinoplasty surgery was performed.