Just curious - shower after TT.

Afther having a tummy tuck when are you able to take a full real shower not sponge bath ?? On the 3rd I well be one month of having a tummy tuck ?? And when are you able to wear a girdle under wear also ?

Surgeons vary with their protocols

but my tummy tuck patients can shower 2 days after surgery and can use a girdle anytime they want as long as it wasn't a struggle to put on.  I prefer using waist cinchers that have hook and eye closures.

Shower after surgery

Thank you for your question.  Every surgeon has a different post operative protocol they want their patients to follow.  Call your surgeon's office and ask them what their shower protocol is after surgery.  

Shower after tummy tuck?

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure.  You will find that postoperative routines will vary from one plastic surgeon to another;  best to follow your plastic surgeon's instructions precisely.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Shower after TT

You should follow your plastic surgeons advice.

I usually use waterproof dressings and I advise my patients they can shower from 48 to 72 hours. However, if they get the dressings waterlogged then they should be changed to a clean dressing.

Jeremy S. Hurren, BSc, MBBS, FRCS (Plast)
Chichester Plastic Surgeon

Showering After a Tummy Tuck

This is something you need to check with your surgeon about. For my patients, I allow them to shower 24 hours after their drains have been removed and the drain incisions have healed becoming "waterproof" preventing bacteria from entering. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Shower

Thank you for the question and every surgeon has his own protocol.  I allow patients to shower at 3 days post op.

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD