What's the cost and guarantee of getting a tattoo completely removed? Fair skinned, tattoo is simple line work in black ink.

I just got tattoo yesterday- a beautiful, medium sized olive branch wreath on my bicep in black ink. I have wanted this tattoo for months. However, since then I have been having non-stop panic attacks that it is so much bigger than I thought it would be and so visible, almost intimidating looking. I am shocked at how much stress this is causing me.  How soon can i get this removed? Around how much would this cost to get removed?

Tattoo Removal Cost

Thank you for your question. Cost varies based on location, size and complexity of your tattoo, as well as the technology being used. Pico lasers are the most advanced technology removing tattoos in fewer sessions then older laser systems. I utilize the PiQo4 which has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to target 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 sessions on average. The removal process can vary based on your skin tone, sharpness of the ink, location of the tattoo, and your immune system. Best wishes with your tattoo removal. 

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo Regrets--Laser Tattoo Removal

This would need to be completely healed before you can have it removed. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a laser tattoo removal expert. Cost will vary. It will take a series of treatments, but see an expert for best results. Best, Dr. Emer

Tattoo removal guarantee

No one can guarantee the results with tattoo removal. Dark ink on fair skin should respond well, but that doesn't necessarily mean 100% removal.  Time to completion is also variable and will depend on may factors, including the type of laser used.  I recommend waiting approximately 6 weeks after getting a tattoo to begin treatment to remove it.  I would use the Enlighten laser for this type of tattoo.

Removing a tattoo, black ink

There are no guarantees with tattoo removal. It can be removed as soon as the skin has healed from placement. Black ink is the easiest to remove. I can take up to 10 treatments spaced 6 weeks apart. A 1064 QS and pico laser is what is the best for this tattoo. I like the Piqo4.

Steven F. Weiner, MD