Can I do CoolSculpting on my arms, particularly the inner arm?

I'm interested in CoolSculpting but mainly for my arms. Not the wing/bottom/back area, but the side that faces my chest. The inner upper arm.

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation. An in-person assessment is always best 

You may be a good candidate for CoolSculpting of the arm area but best to be examined to know exactly what procedure would achieve your goals.
Visit with well experienced surgeon for evaluation.

Coolsculpting / Sculpsure and Arms

We have been doing sculpsure on the arms over coolsculpting because of less pain, swelling and bruising after the procedure. Please see an expert.  Hi def liposuction does fantastic in this area. Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting for upper inner arm

Dear annette55897:

CoolSculpting is tried and true and works well for most body parts including the arms if the applicator is properly fit. This takes a experienced physician to examine you and a well trained and Certified CoolSculpting Team to achieve optimal results. 

Most patients complain of crepey, thin tissue in this area. If this is the case, CoolSculpting for the heavier fat tissues and ThermiSMOOTH / ThermiTIGHT to shrink and tighten the residual loose skin. 

Only consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced in surgical, non-surgical and minimally invasive options to examine you and provide the best unbiased recommendations for YOUR needs.

I wish you the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting of the Arms

Coolsculpting of the arms can be done, but it is not for everyone. An in-office consultation is recommended to see if you are a good candidate and to get a quote. 

Make sure you find someone who is very experienced with Coolsculpting and particularly the arm area as it can be a more difficult area to treat. 

I hope this helps, 

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Inner Arms

Hi Annette. You would need an in-person consultation and evaluation to determine whether the area in question is appropriate for treatment with CoolSculpting. We do treat a lot of arms, but not everyone is a good candidate for the treatment. Find an experienced physician who offers different treatment modalities for treating the area. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

CoolSculpting for inner arms

Use of CoolSculpting for the back of the arms is no longer off label use.  I would have to see the 'inner' arm you are describing as true inner or medial arm tissue sits right on top of arteries, veins and nerves that come out of the trunk and travel down the inside of the arm.  Placement would have to be very very careful as a good 'draw' with an applicator could pull too much tissue, nerves and vessels into the treatment cup.  It may be better to address these areas with Excilis or Thermi which will not only 'melt' fat, but help to tighten tissues.  These can be used safely in areas where CoolSculpting is too risky.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for arms

CoolSculpting can be used to reduce fat on the arms, but this is considered an off-label use since the device is not FDA-approved for that particular body location yet.  An exam would be needed to determine if you might be a good candidate for the procedure or not.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for the Arms

It is possible to treat a wide range of treatment sites with the CoolSculpting technology. The best way to discover if you would be a candidate would be to go and meet with a provider in person for a consultation. My recommendation would be to go to and look for a practice that does a lot of the procedure and whose employees have been sent to be trained at the CoolSculpting headquarters for CoolSculpting University. Getting the best results out of the technology requires an experienced provider and strong communication between the patient and provider prior to treatment in the planning phase. Best of luck.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

You Can Tone Upper Arms With CoolSculpting

Hi annette55897, and thanks for this question. Since CoolSculpting first arrived on the market, the number of specialized applicators cleared by the FDA has continued to increase. That includes the CoolMini, which has a unique size and shape designed specifically for smaller, hard-to-treat areas of fat. This includes the inner arms, but effective treatment depends on toned skin that has retained its elasticity. If you have loose or crepey skin in this area, I would not recommend a CoolSculpting treatment. Schedule a consultation with a CoolSculpting specialist who can determine whether it's an appropriate treatment for you. Good luck.

Kevin M. Johnson, MD, FACS
Spokane General Surgeon