Can my chin be fixed? (Photo)

I had a v line surgery in Seoul in April 2014. Now my face looks unbalanced with the midface looking much wider and the chin looks long and pointy. There is also asymmetry. How do you advise fixing this?

Doctor Answers 4

VLine Revision

I would start by getting CT scan of your facial bones and evaluate them against your pre operative ct scans(I'm assuming you had some). I would then start to devise custom silicone implants that would be place along the mandibular border. This will help widened the lower part of your face. Best of luck 
Dr M

Shrewsbury Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Revision after chin surgery

Your photos unfortunately do not show profile. It looks that your chin is too long and pointed? However, without good profile photos and clinical exam it would be hard to give you good advice. You may consider temporary augmentation of lower jaw on both sides of the chin with fillers just to have an idea how would that work?
A consult with board certified plastic surgeon or oral/maxillofacial surgeon with experience in aesthetic procedure would be necessary to evaluate your condition and discuss options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Chin abnormality

You will need some augmentation of the jaw area just behind the chin.  Also, you may need the chin revised.  Was there a chin implant placed?  You may want to start with an injectable filler to see how it looks after that.  If you like it, then a permanent solution can be done.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

V line revision

The change in facial contour is notable. The 'reversal' of the change can be done with jawline implants and a genioplasty to augment the width. The augmentation can be controlled so that it is a natural positive change and does not 'go back to the beginning shape'

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.