Why does my right breast sits higher after augmentation, specially when I raise my arms? (Photo)

I'm a year post op, I had 400 & 420cc subglandular high profile silicone implants with a crease incision. I asked my doctor several times, and though he never explained why; he made sure I had no capsular contracture, he told me I should massage pushing it down, sleep face down, take muscle relaxants, and none of this worked. Finally he said that this would be my final result due to my previous uneveness. What happened? Is there any solution? I'm starting to get depressed...

Asymmetry post sub glandular breast augmentation

Hello SofiaSlawi-
Your sub glandular (SG) gel implants appear to be developing a contracture of the inferior portion of the scar capsule which results in displacing the right implant superiorly. This happens more often when the implants are placed in the SG position versus the sub muscular (SM) position. 
This is fixable but it may be suggested to move the implants to the SM position. Discuss this with your surgeon but I would also get a second opinion and make sure that he/she is an Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialites (ABMS). 
Good luck.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implants asymmetric a year after surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Your implant is rising because of muscle pressure on the lower R implant or because of a capsular contracture.
  • It looks slightly rounded - consistent with a contracture.
  • Get a second opinion from another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Implant position difference.

If you feel that your breasts were the same prior to surgery but now there is a different shape, perhaps it would be worth seeking a second opinion whether there is a problem that can potentially be improved, like capsular contracture.  

Why does my right breast sit higher after augmentation?

Thank you for your question. You have some natural asymmetry, which can be apparent after surgery. If you have questions regarding your surgery call your surgeon to discuss your concerns. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Post Op Asymmetry

Overall I believe your results to be acceptable.  There is a slight indication of a ledge at the inferior pole.  This area could be more aggressively released with a revision.   Form stable implants that integrate and remain hopefully non-mobile might also be an option.  
All the Best.

Breast asymmetry will persist after standard augmentation but may be diluted because of additional volume.

Your native breast sit somewhat different on the chest wall. In a neutral position after augmentation the asymmetry actually looks a lot better. The position of the implant relative to the pectoralis muscle, and I'm presuming your implant is below the pectoralis muscle receives a different vector of pressure when using the arms aggravating the asymmetry.

Asymmetry

You have asymmetry to begin with so you also will have it post-op. Trying to lower the fold on the right side may lead to a double bubble.