Breast liposuction/breast augmentation - uneven breast correction.

is it possible to correct uneven beats with liposuction and then have a breast augmentation?

Breast asymmetry correction

Thank you for your question. The causes for asymmetry are multiple, so there are multiple ways to correct the asymmetry. The evaluation by your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will give you the best advices. If the mayor component of your breast is fat, liposuction can be one of the options.

In my practice I begin the evaluation by taking a photo of the patients back. This will show my patient how the spine, fat deposit, shoulder elevation, bone projection can be part of a great number of elements that contribute to the breast asymmetry.

Also, the surgeon can reduce the amount of breast tissue on the large size and use same size implants.

If the asymmetry is bone he will have the option to use different size implants.

Your surgeon will have the right answer for your case.

Sincerely, Dr. Manuel Gutierrez Romero

Breast asymmetry

Correcting breast asymmetry can be achieved through a number of techniques depending on the nature of the asymmetry.  If one breast is simply larger than the other, liposuction of the breast may be one approach that would work.  Just bear in mind that perfect symmetry is always difficult to achieve.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Augmentation to Correct Asymmetry

Thank you very much for your question. Breast asymmetry is common and can be corrected using a variety of techniques. However, without photographs or an in-person examination, it is impossible to give you any more meaningful advice. My recommendation is that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. During this appointment, he/she will examine your breasts and explain all of your breast augmentation options. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Thank you for the question.  Breast asymmetry is not uncommon and there are often multiple ways to improve breast symmetry. Which way you should proceed will depend on your physical examination and your personal goals. My best advice: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you. You will find a separate link, on the same website, dedicated to breast asymmetry concerns. Best wishes.

Uneven breasts

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination performed and review of your medical history. This way you will get an accurate opinion on how to correct your uneven breasts. It really depends on the significance of the difference between the breasts. They may be able to be corrected with simply placing two different sized implants to make them more symmetrical or if it is too severe, a breast reduction with implants may be necessary. Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

We have an armementarium of surgical maneuvers that can be used to correct uneven breasts; this includes lipousction. A consultation would be necessary to provide you details of surgery.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast asymmetry options

If the uneven problems are volume only, liposuction may be an option. Many fibrous breasts do not respond well to liposuction, however. If there is a significant difference in size and skin envelopes, you might need a breast reduction followed by a breast augmentation or possible you could be treated with slightly different breast implants. There are just so many ways to improve symmetry that you will need an exam and consultation to give you better advice.

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon