Do I need a breast lift and if so what type? (Photos)

I want to get breast augmentation and I already consulted 2 different doctor. One wanted to do a crest lift only on the left as he say I didn't need as much as the right. The second told me that I needed a benelli lift on both. I have heard that the benelli lift gives you a flattening breast when view from the side. I don't know what to do anymore Im confuse.

Breast Lift

Hello, thanks so much for your inquiry and your pictures. In your case the best option would be a lollipop breast lift with implants, the scars will fade within time, and you will have perky and rounded breasts with a nice cleavage as a result. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with augmentation

Hello and thank you for the question.In review of your photos you will likely require a formal breast lift ( mastopexy ) in combination with an implant placement. These procedures will maximize your chances of achieving optimal results.Warmest Regards,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Do I need a breast lift and if so what type?

In my experience I only feel that the lift you are asking about is ok when the nipple is being moved 1 maybe 2 cm at best. I just feel the overall shape of the breast is best served by a full lift with a vertical or lollipop pattern or anchor scar. It is hard for me to be exact without examining you but fro the looks of your photos the nipples are pointing down and you will likely need more lifting than just around the nipple lifting. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon for an in office exam to be more exact. I can not concur with your consults based on the picture you posted. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  I would suggest a traditional breast lift.  The scars will fade nicely with time and this will give you the nicest aesthetic appearance.  Make sure you see Board Certified Plastic surgeons who perform a lot of breast lifts and augmentation. Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Breast lift with implants?

From your photos I would strongly advise you to consider a full breast lift in combination with placement of breast implants.  Anything less in the form of a more limited breast lift I think will lead to disappointment.  The trade-off of course is the presence of incisions on your breast but the benefit in terms of shaping and longevity of improvement are significant.  I often use Benelli uplifts but do not think you're a candidate for one and I always avoid crescent lifts since I have seen too many disappointed patients who have had them elsewhere.  Good luck and best wishes. Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Augmentation Mastopexy

Hello,A crescent lift is a surgery many surgeons  like myself never do; there are just too many negatives and no positives. A circumareolar lift has potential benefits in some people, but you are not one of them: your breasts are too saggy and asymmetric in shape, and your nipples are too low.You will need a formal lift. Go visit only ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

What type of lift is needed

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is not uncommon to get different opinions and plans from different surgeons.  Plastic surgeons can get equally good results using different techniques.  From what I can see on your photos, a crescent lift is unlikely to correct the amount of sagging (ptosis).  This type of lift is useful for only a very small amount of areolar movement (generally less than 1cm).  If the surgeon tries to lift to much with a crescent lift, the result is likely a widened scar and distorted areola.  It is hard to tell from your photographs, but you may be a good candidate for a circumareolar (Benelli-type) lift.  You are right, if this type of lift is too aggressive, you can end up with a flattened breast with a widened stretched out areola.  Best to be get another opinion if you are confused.  Good luck. 

Thank you for your question. You will most likely want a breast lift. From your photos it appears as though a vertical lift or circumareolar lift would work best for you. Schedule consultations with a few board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Crescent lifts are generally inadequate for breasts with ptosis such as yours. With regard to a benelli lift, this type of lift can potentially flatten the breast when viewed from the side as you have noted. The optimal type of lift will be best determined based on your exam and implant size choice. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes. Dr. Gregory Park, San Diego Plastic Surgeon.

Gregory Park, MD

Breast Augmentation

Hi Amanda,See the video and journal article link below.  It is normal to get differing opinions with your anatomy.  Yes, a Benelli will flatten the mound. Please put an index card in your breast fold.  If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar incision.  If your nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane.  Please see the web reference and video reference below. Be sure to seek a consultation with a BC PS to be sure.  All the best, “Dr. Joe”