Do I need a Breast Lift to get perky breasts or just Implants and what size? How saggy would you consider my breasts? (photos)

What's the difference between getting scilicone and just saline implants ? How often should they be replaced ?

Do I need a Breast Lift to get perky breasts or just Implants and what size?

Hi and thanks for your question. Your photos demonstrate no evidence of ptosis or sagging so it's unlikely you need a breast lift. I like to have my patients try on a number of different style and volume (cc) sizers at the initial consultation. I also enjoy reviewing with each patient photos of breasts they feel are attractive so we can discuss how to achieve the look they find attractive. Plastic surgery is as much art as science so find a board certified plastic surgeon with many years personal experience. That's my best advice after decades performing aesthetic plastic surgery. Best of luck!

Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICS

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Saline vs Silicone

I have attached a video explaining the difference between Saline and Silicone implants. 

Always insist on a board certified surgeon. 

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Breast Augmentation and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Breast questions

there is no right or wrong answer for your question.  If upper fullness is important to you, I would perform a lollipop type lift.  You would also heed a small implants, around 300 cc's.  Personally in prefer saline implants.  They just seem to gave fewer problems in the long run.  Also, contrary to what you may have heard, they do not need to be routinely replaced.  Only if there is a problem such as deflation, and that incidence is around 1 percent per year.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Perky breasts?

Perky is a difficult word since it means different things to different people, so a consultation will be helpful for your to clarify your goals.  Your anatomy is favorable for a breast augmentation using any one of several approaches.  The choice of saline or silicone is one that I leave to a discussion at the time of consultation, since patients have differing reasons for choosing one over the other.  Your next step is to meet with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Hello, thanks for sharing your inquiry and pictures, I believe that you need just an augmentation, you seem to be a young woman so it will be enough to get the look you desire, it will be a good choice.

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

#breastliftVimplant

On the side view your nipple is at the appropriate level so it is unlikely that you need a lift. The frontal view is inadequate because your arms are stretched forward and the pectoralis muscles are contracting. However, there is some visible asymmetry with the left breast smaller than the right. You also have multiple stretchmarks. That means you will need adjunctive procedures and different sized implants to achieve symmetry and the effect of implants will be affected by skin that has lost its elasticity. In either case there is a possibility that surgery will make the stretchmarks more visible.

The differences between silicone and saline are multiple including size of the incision to place the implant, breast feel and visibility of rippling. If all goes well implants should last at least 10 years.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Hi-

From your photos it doesn't appear you would need a lift with your augmentation. I generally recommend silicone implants over saline because patients seem to think they feel more natural and are softer. The FDA recommends that you have your implants exchanged every 10-15 years. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that you trust and go over the best option for you. Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

From your questions it seems apparent you have not had a consultation yet. You need to do that to get your questions answered appropriately because it takes an understanding first of your goals and then of your anatomy which requires an exam, not photos. But I can tell you no lift is needed for you. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Augmentation

Thank you so much for reaching out and posting photos. By the looks of your photos, you would be a great candidate for a breast augmentation. As for sizing and whether or not you would a lift, that would better be determined with an in person consultation where we can measure you and you can try out implants and get a better feel for the size you would be happy with. We would be more than happy to see you in our Mission Viejo or Newport Beach office for a free consultation to go over all of your options and answer any questions you have. Best of luck! Dr. Kachenmeister

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD