Brazillian Butt Lift...Does the fat being transfered cause one to develop more fat in their butt area if they gain weight?

BBL Results after Weight Gain or Loss

Very good question!

If the fat is processed and grafted correctly, and you follow all of your post-operative instructions, you will not lose the body contouring effects following a Brazilian Butt lift. Any weight gain or loss should correspond with the new figure.

The web reference is a case study of one of my patients who had the brazilian butt lift surgery, lost approximately 10% of her body weight after the post op period, and then gained all of the weight back at the end of the one year period.

Weight gain

Thank you for your question.  The fat that is transferred to the buttocks behaves just as fat anywhere else in the body meaning that it is subject to weight fluctuations just as fat elsewhere in the body.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Brazilian Butt Lift Fat Transfer

Hello, great questions. Yes, the transferred fat behaves just like normal fat. If you gain or lose weight, those fat cells will increase or decrease in volume.

Fat Redistribution

Thank you for your question.  Fat redistribution after liposuction or fat transfer is a common concern but rarely seen.  As long as your weight is stable, you will maintain your shape.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

The fat that is transferred should behave like your normal fat cells and get larger and smaller with weight gain and loss.
My longterm results have shown this on my own patients.

Hope this helps!

Dr Schwartz

Gaining weight after brazilian butt lift

The fat that was transferred to the buttocks will behave like it did when it was in its original location. If your weight fluctuates you can gain or lose a certain amount of fat in the buttocks but this will be minimal unless the weight change is dramatic. Best of luck  Dr Harrell

The number of fat cells stay the same following a transfer. If you gain weight, the fat will be filling the cells proportionately. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Weight gain proportional to each area's fat volume

Dear, the fat transferred is going to act like any other fat deposit in your body. So, if you gain weight, the butt volume is going to increase more than the liposuctioned areas (waist), maintaining the curves but intensifying them.

Rodrigo Rosique, MD, PhD
Sao Paulo Plastic Surgeon

BBL Weight Gain

You have a great question! 
Many patients are concerned with weight change affects on their Brazilian Butt Lift fat grafts. After 8 months of fat transfer the moved grafts and new fat cells formed by stem cell stimulation are established. Full body weight gain will have proportionate effect on the amount of fat in the buttocks. The more fat grafts in the buttocks, the more change in the buttock area compared to the rest of the body.
I wish you well through your procedure and recovery,
James McAdoo DO FACOS 

• AOA dual board certified general and plastic reconstructive surgeon 
  • Microsurgery fellowship trained 
  • 20 years experience 
  • 33,000 operations 
  • 10,000 BBL