What is the the recovery like for a BBL? How much time off work and school will I need? Will I need drains?

What is the the recovery like for a BBL? How much time off work and school will I need? Will I need drains, or are drains only for butt implants?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. Within 2 weeks you should be able to return to work.  However, it is important to not put pressure on your buttocks for 3-4 weeks following surgery.  Drains are surgeon specific.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL Procedure

Hello, thanks so much for your inquiry. Normally it takes two weeks to resume work, the only thing that needs to be taken in consideration, is that at least 4 weeks you were not going to be able to sit down on your buttocks unless you have a donut pillow which allows you to take off the pressure from the treated area. Liposuctioned areas will make you feel some discomfort which is normal and will gradually decrease with time.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey! Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.After BBL surgery the area that is the most sore is your abdomen. Usually the entire upper and lower stomach and upper and lower back is used to harvest the fat. This area tends to be sore and bruised. Most people return to work after two weeks.After the surgery it's important to protect the transferred fat that is in the buttocks. You're asked to refrain from sitting for long periods of time for 3-4 weeks. You can sit, but special pillows are used under the thighs to decrease pressure on the buttocks. At 4-6 weeks, there are no restrictions.Whether to use drains depends on the specific surgeon. Speak with your surgeon about their preferences.

A BBL recovery to go back to work in 2 weeks. Cant apply pressure to the buttocks 3-4 weeks. Drains depend on the surgeon specific.  When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Thank you for your question .

Rami Ghurani, MD