Will my boobs get smaller? (Photo)

I'm 5'4" 118lbs with 440cc's. I'm 7 weeks post op and I measure at a 32D which I asked for. But when I look on the mirror they feel huge to me especially in a bra. Some days they're perfect but most times I feel like I have balloons on my chest. They're still pinkish when I take pictures of them. I'm just worried because the swelling is already at a minimum & I'm not happy about the size.

Will my boobs get smaller?

Hello! Thank you for your question! You are still early post-procedure. Your appearance looks typical at this stage and will continue to improve as the swelling subsides and the implants continue to settle into their desired position. This usually proceeds over the next several weeks to months as the lower pole skin/breast stretches to accommodate the implants. Usually, final results will be seen 4-6 months postop. Follow-up closely with your surgeon for additional restrictions/instructions and the potential use of bras/garments or massage that may encourage the implant to settle appropriately. It is not uncommon for one breast to settle more quickly than the other due to swelling, dissection, or muscle tightness. If still displaced after this time, a surgical procedure may be necessary to further open the pocket and bring the implant(s) down or implant exchange/revision. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants / Silicone Implants / Breast Implant Revision Surgery

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. I ask my patients to wait 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to adapt to the changes in their breast size and shape as well as their overall new body image. There are a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery that feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. And those emotional feelings can change daily turning this transitional time. Remember also that each side of the body heals at a different rate and that you weren't perfectly asymmetric to begin with so although you should be closer in symmetry there will always be differences.

It can take many months to see the final results of surgery. Swelling, soreness, skin repositioning, implant settling must resolve completely before you can make that determination. Once the swelling around the implants has also resolved you can see the final result. Patients often report that they are happier with the implants' shape their cleavage and projection once these changes occur.

I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.
Best wishes or an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Post breast augmentation

Since you are now only 7 weeks post breast augmentation, your body is still accommodating.  Yes there may stil some swelling, but it is your brain that now has to accommodate to the new shape, which is a very common occurrence.  Be patient, they look great.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Will my boobs........

unlikely at this stage. Most of the swelling has gone down by now. Nevertheless I would encourage you to live with your new breasts for a minimum of 6 months before making any decisions

Patrick Briggs, FRCSI(Plast Surg)
Perth Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

Although you may shrink a little after this point, you are almost 2 months out. I really doubt you'll feel differently later.  Your implants are fairly large, especially for your height and weight. Unfortunately, you illustrate my point about not using bra cup size for communicating aesthetic goals. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS