Are there alternatives to narcotic pain meds?

I am anticipating a lateral thigh lift procedure with extensive lipo to the legs and calf lift. I would like to know if there are non narcotic pain relievers out there that will manage post op pain sufficiently . The effects of pain meds dont agree with me.

Non narcotic pain medications..

Hi. Great question. I use Exparel a local anesthetic that lasts up to 72 hours and is injected at the time of surgery. It can be diluted to cover ver large incisions. You can also consider an On-Q Pain pump that can be filled with local anesthetic and infuses medication into the wound for 5 days. I often prescribe Celebrex or meloxicam which are more powerful NSAIDS that do not affect platelet function. Speak with your plastic surgeon about these options. Best, Dr. ALDO :)