Should I be alarmed for my implant scar getting swollen or itchy? (Photo)

I am so terrified it could be serious. Who do I make an appointment with? Would my implant br removed? Has happened 3 times this year. My surgery was 2 years ago. It almost feels like a little ball under my skin

Post op breast augmentation

I would advise you seek consultation with your plastic surgeon. This could represent an infection or some sort of inflammatory process.

Swelling of your scar

intermittently would suggest some kind of inflammatory problem in the scar itself.  See your surgeon for further treatment as I would think a scar revision of that spot, excising the tissue, would resolve this.  An exam and history would provide a lot of information as to what could be happening but it doesn't sound like anything serious.

Curtis Wong, MD

Implant incision

It is difficult to tell by your photos, but I don't think you need to be "terrified" of this. I would see your original surgeon. This is likely a scarring issue and may be able to be treated without involving the implant at all. If there is concern that the implant may be involved, an imaging study such as an U/S may be helpful. Best of luck.

Tamir Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon