After using skin bleaching cream is sunscreen not enough to stop sunburn and more pigment?

I have been using skin bleaching pads and had to go to an event outside. I wore lots of sunscreen & reapplied but, now my skin feels sunburn & worried it's starting to pigment

Preventing recurrence of melasma

Dear Skinsue:To prevent melasma from recurring, you will need to be wearing a sunscreen that blocks UVB (all do), UVA (some do) and even visible light.  Look for a tinted sunscreen with Micronized zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. The tint is very important. Elta makes one with a nice texture and tint. You will need to reapply it every 90 minutes that you are in the sun. All the best,  Dr. Clark

Preventing recurrence of melasma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}