How far in advance should I stop taking phentermine before BBL? (photos)

I am scheduled for a bbl with 9 areas of lipo on nov 23. I've been taking phentermine for the past 2 weeks and I am on the depo shot. I told my surgeon about both of these and he advised I get off the phentermine a week prior. So I will have 15 days without phentermine if I go through with it but now I am scared to death. I was due to get another depo shot mid November so it's right at the end of my dose. Im going to talk to my surgeon again and my doc.Is 15 days sufficient off of phentermine ?

Whats medicines should I stop before a BBL?

Hi Jeanna,

Thanks for your questions and photos. The answer truly depends on what your surgeon believes is best for you and the type of anesthesia that you are having. I am not a fan of phenetermine before surgery. The weight loss should be natural and stable before surgery. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon because my option and someone else's will likely be different. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Please discuss with your surgeon.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I would recommend discussing this question with your surgeon since each surgeon has a different protocol for pre and post op instructions. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon