What would be the best course of action to help my breast appearance? (photos)

As you can see my breasts are asymmetrical with considerable ptosis. I also have large undefined nipples. I'm wanting to get an idea of what type of procedure I will have to look forward to achieve a more attractive breast. I have high hopes but also want a reality check of what I can be able to actually achieve. I'm okay with scars and my body frame can have larger breasts. Not sure if my skin is thin or not?

Consider a breast lift with implants.

Hello and thanks for your question. I would prefer to perform a vertical breast lift in cases with similar anatomy. Without an exam it is impossible to say exactly what I would do for your case. It looks like you need a breast lift, but this can only be confirmed on examination. You appear to be a grade 2 or 3 level of sagginess of your breast tissue. In my office, patients with similar findings will be recommended a vertical or anchor breast lift and implants combination if the want the sagging to be reduced, lift the nipples to a more ideal location, and have better long term results. Best, Dr. ALDO.

Breast lift with augmentation

Based on your photos, I would say you are an excellent candidate for a lift with augmentation. A lift will make the breasts perkier, reduce excess tissue, and reduce areola size. And adding a modest sized implant would add superior fullness. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. You should have a fantastic result!

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Combining a Breast Lift with Areola Reduction and Breast Implants

You've summed up what most plastic surgeons might suggest for you. The sagging can be addressed with a breast lift, but that alone will not change the size of your areola. Since the lift will reduce the size of your breasts, you may want to consider breast implants if you want larger breasts to match your body frame. This can all be accomplished and I would recommend a visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs these surgeries.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Lift

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You look like a great candidate for breast augmentation with lift and areolar reduction.  Your first step will be finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Even better if you find a surgeon who utilizes 3D imaging to help you understand the difference on your specific body. 
Best wishes,Steven Camp MD#HappyCamperMD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

What would be the best course of action to help my breast appearance?

Thank you for your question.  A breast lift can help raise your breasts and nipple position, make your breasts more round and perky, reduce the areola size and improve symmetry.  If you also want upper pole fullness, modest size implants can also be placed.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Best treatment for multiple issues with your breast tissues

Your diagnosis is right on. You have significant ptosis (drooping), your breasts are asymmetrical (right side smaller), the nipple position is asymmetrical (left nipple lower) and you have relatively large, poorly defined areolae. In my opinion you would achieve the best result with a mastopexy (breast uplift) on the right side and a mastopexy with slight reduction in volume on the left side (your larger breast). A mastopexy would correct ptosis, allow areolar diameter to be reduced, make the border of the areola more well defined and elevate the nipples to the same level. Reducing the volume of the larger breast would give better symmetry as far as size. There are several types of mastopexy currently performed. In your case, I believe a vertical mastopexy (so called lollipop lift) would give a very good result. Of course it does leave some scars on the breast, so it is good that you are accepting of scars – with the type of skin you have, I anticipate you would make very good (not too noticeable) scars. As far as whether or not to have an implant, it depends entirely on whether you want larger breasts. I have achieved excellent results in patients exactly like you without implants – it is a matter of rearranging the existing breast tissue to give a nice contour. Implants can be inserted at the same time as mastopexy, but that increases the cost of surgery and the risk of complications. However, in experienced hands it is possible to safely insert implants at the same as performing the mastopexy. It can be tricky operation, so seek treatment from an experienced plastic surgeon.

Neal Handel, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast enhancement surgery

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.
A breast lift with augmentation may be the best option for your case. It will address both of your concerns. 
Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures breast lift will give good result. If you want very full breast then implant need to add. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals.

Breast lift for best look

There are several options for you depending on your desired outcome. These include: breast lift alone, breast lift combined with implants, or breast lift combined with fat grafting. Recommend an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon.Best, Dr. Yegiyants

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants may accomplish your goals

I believe you you would be a good candidate for a combined, or simultaneous, breast lift with implants. The implants can adjust your asymmetry and can give you a proportional size that fits your frame. The lift will make the areolas smaller and raise your breasts, giving them a perkier look. When you go for your consultation ask your surgeon if he/she performs the I.D.E.A.L breast lift approach. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon