The look I'm trying to achieve is, fullness on top & still have them perky. (Photo)

So I'm 5'5 weigh 148lbs and my breast width is 14.2 -Im currently a 34 C/D,What profile and how many cc would I need to do for the best results ?

The look I'm trying to achieve is, fullness on top & still have them perky.

Thank you for sharing your photos and information. It appears that you are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation surgery. The best way to determine your optimal size, profile and type of breast implant that would achieve your goals is through an in person examination. Good communication with your plastic surgeon will be the key to getting the fuller, perky breasts that you are looking for. Best wishes. Dr. Gregory Park, San Diego Plastic Surgeon.

Impossible to Answer

Hello,'Fullness on top' and 'perky' are subjective terms that could mean anything. I could show you a photo of someone with no ptosis and optimal nipple position (both of which your breasts lack), and they might not appear 'perky' to you because of upper pole concavity. You will need a full consultation with a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon expert in all aspects of cosmetic breast surgery.  During the consultation you can show photos of breasts you like and don't like. You will be sized to see what looks pleasing to you in the mirror, and of course, you will be examined to determine the best course of action. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Two implant styles come to mind

Allergan has two relatively new implant styles that emphasize a fuller/rounder look. Have a surgeon who is familiar with both the SRF and SRX implants show them to you and help you pick which implant is right for you. Good luck, hope this helps!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures.  It is difficult to give you good advice without in-person evaluation; for example, careful physical examination and measurements would be necessary to determine whether or not breast lifting would be necessary also.   It is not clear to me based on the photographs, whether you have some breast ptosis and/or asymmetry present. It is extremely important to select your plastic surgeon carefully and have a correct diagnosis made, so that an  appropriate surgical plan can be made, to achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example,  I have found that the use of words such as “perky” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.