Am I a good candidate for Thermiva?

I am 23 years old ad I've never had children. However, I have been around the block and have been with a little over 20 people... I figured that I could go through one treatment of thermiva and that would be enough to go back to a regular size. Thank you

ThermiVa

ThermiVa is an excellent non invasive treatment to restore vaginal tightness. It can also improve moisture, sensation, and leaky bladder. ThermiVa is recommended in a series of 3 treatments for ideal results. There is no discomfort or downtime with ThermiVa. Please seek a formal consultation to make sure you are a candidate.

Highland Park Physician

Am I a good candidate for Thermiva?

Yes, it sounds like you are a good candidate, especially if you don't have any other OB/GYN problems. Thermiva treatments, usually done in a series of 3, spaced one month apart, can result in significant improvement in laxity, treat atrophic vaginitis, stress urinary incontinence, and orgasmic dysfunction. You can  resume all activities on the same day of treatment including intercourse.

Candidate for Thermiva

Yes you are a good candidate for ThermiVa. The standard protocol includes three ThermiVa treatments, each taking place about one month apart. Some results are noticeable immediately, and improvements grow increasingly with each treatment. Maintenance may be needed for best results. ThermiVa is safe and has no recovery period after treatment. There is no anesthesia, no pain and the procedure can literally be done during your lunch break.

ThermiVa

Yes you would be a good candidate for the procedure.  Many patients see improvement with one treatment, but for the full effect three treatments are recommended.

Camille Cash, MD

ThermiVa may be beneficial, but I recommend doing three treatments

ThermiVa can be beneficial even for women who have not had children, but are looking for increased vaginal tightness. In your case, I would still recommend doing a series of 3 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart, plus a fourth treatment 3-6 months after the initial series has been completed. As others have mentioned, it is very important to make sure you are up to date on your annual gynecologic exams prior to starting ThermiVa treatments.
I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiVA

Hi Frosti,
Yes you would be a candidate, but you would have to have the full treatment which is a series of three treatments, each a month apart.  See the video below.  All the best, Dr. Joe

ThermiVa at 23

You are definitely a great candidate.  The advice to make sure you've had a proper exam and pap/hpv testing is right on.  I have had patients with a tremendous response after one treatment with ThermiVa but you are really not taking full advantage and I universally ask that my patients get a full course of three treatments.  It is the kind of therapy that has an additive effect and you want to maximize the results by following through with all three.  

Adam Lokeh, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Definitely A Candidate For ThermiVa

Yes, you are a good candidate for ThermiVa.  Please make sure your Pap test is up-to-date.  And that you are HPV negative.  You will really need 3 treatments.  You may feel an improvement with 1 treatment, but you really need 3 treatments to get the full effect.  There is no pain involved.  In fact, it feels like a hot stone massage.  Treatments are spaced about 1 month apart.  Best of luck!

Janet M. Neigel, MD
Livingston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Vaginal tightening with Thermiva or co2re Intima /co2 laser

Both radio frequency and CO2 laser treatments do work to decrease the laxity of the vagina.  But it's a question of what degree.  It is best to be evaluated by someone who performs both surgical and non surgical procedures.  This way, you get a more realistic expectation.  I personally prefer CO2 laser technology better than RF. But they both can help tighten. 

Yes.

ThermiVa is a wonderful technology that helps in so many ways that it is difficult for me to imagine anyone who isn't a good candidate.  You mentioned "one treatment" though - I would NOT recommend that.  Although ThermiVa has been producing consistently great results, it really takes at a complete series of 3 treatments.  Many women do report marked improvements after one treatment, but, in my experience, those improvements do not last with only one treatment and all symptoms will return after a few months.  At my office we only sell the complete series of 3 for this reason.  After the series of 3 treatments, you can expect the results to last at least one year and, most likely, they will last quite a bit longer than that.  We do perform "touchup" procedures after the initial series of 3, depending upon the patient's symptoms - these can be done every 6-18 months and consist of only one treatment.