Am I a candidate for Cellfina? (Photo)

Hi. I am 52 and exercise 3 times per week. I notice I am getting more dimples and rippling around my buttocks, back legs and thighs. I also have a few stretch marks! Is Cellfina an option and is it really worth all the hype? What can it do and what would work best for my problem?

Cellfina for dimples of buttock and legs

Cellfina for dimples of buttock and legsUsed on moderate to severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance. There is no cutting and no incisions. To perform this controlled, precise, and safe procedure, a vacuum hand piece is placed over the dimpled tissue through which the surgeon will deliver a local anesthetic. Then a small, needle-like microblade is inserted to release the fibrous bands, the cause of cellulite. Results can be seen in as little as three days post-op. Most patients report some soreness, tenderness, and bruising, which should resolve within a week. 90% of patients reported no bruising after one month. To ensure the best results, a compressive garment should be worn for 2 weeks post-treatment. The cost of Cellfina depends upon the size and number of areas being treated. The average patient will pay around $4000 for this one time procedure. We offer Cellfina Platinum.  this upgraded approach to get rid of troublesome cellutite. This combines other non surgical treatments to get the best possible result.

Candidate for cellulite treament

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellfina is an effective option for cellulite

Judging from your photos, Cellfina would be a good option for some of the dimples and grooves caused by cellulite on the buttocks and thighs.  Cellfina is very safe and effective and from the research data the results appear to be long-lasting or even permanent.  Cellfina would not work for stretch marks.  You may consider Fraxel or radiofrequency treatments like Exilis to improve stretch marks.

Is Cellfina an Option?

Cellfina will certinly address the dimples on your buttocks. Cellfina does not take care of wavy cellulite. Unfortunately, there are no miracle therapies for stretchmarks.

You could be a great candidate for Cellfina™.

Thanks for your question. From your pictures, it appears that you could be a great candidate for Cellfina™. Cellfina™ is designed to get rid of cellulite and dimpling in the thigh and buttocks area, but it won’t do much for stretch marks. I would suggest consulting a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who offers Cellfina™. They will be able to provide you more details based on your specific situation. Best of luck!

Your photos were very helpful.  Your cellulite and the distribution of your cellulite should respond very well to cellfina.  

John Burns, MD

Cellulite, Vaser Smooth, Thermi RF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Cellulaze, Subcision, Dimpling, Sculpsure, Coolsculpting

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Thank you for your question.  Cellfina would be an excellent choice for you as it appears you are the ideal candidate.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Candidate for Cellfina?

You should do well if Cellfina is used to treat the round dimples you have on your buttock and posterior thigh. It will not work on stretch marks.

Cellfina candidate?

Thanks for the pictures and question. You are a great candidate for cellfina. The indentations in the buttocks and posterior thigh. The creases and stretch marks on the lateral buttocks and lateral thigh will not be greatly changed using cellfina. Best of luck!