I'm 5 feet tall and 92lbs. Can I go for 400cc high profile gel implant? Does it look nice and natural on me?

Implant size

Choosing the right size implant depends on any number of factors all of which require an in person exam. If you haven't already done so, book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss the ideal option for your desired results. Best, Dr. Nazarian

400cc breast implants

This is difficult question to answer without seeing your breast and having measurements. I frequently place 400cc implants in women your size and they are happy with threir results.  I would recommentt discussing your goals with a board certifed plastic surgeon.

Arthur M. Cambeiro, MD

In my opinion, most women who are 5 feet tall and weigh 92 lbs do not have larger breasts naturally so the 400cc HP implants will not look "natural".  Different people have different definitions of natural, nice, big, perky etc.

I would have 2 or three consultations with plastic surgeons in your area.  If they use sizers so you can get an idea of how the 400cc implant will look on your body you will be able to decide if you like the way they look.

Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Possibly but probably not natural

Thanks for your question. You should seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and try on implant sizers in a bra as well sa bring photos of the look you would like. Base on your height and weight, it's likely that 400cc would look somewhat augmented, although there are many factors that contribute including your chest dimensions, breast skin envelope (if you had previous pregnancy, weight loss, etc.) and placement above or below the muscle. 

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

400cc implant?

How large of an implant that you can have that will look natural is based on:
1)nipple position
2)nipple to inframammary crease position
3)chest diameter
4)looseness of your skin

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Natural

if your definition of natural is something that you could have come by naturally--- then no.   however attractive and natural are not the same thing, you could get a very pretty  breast but not natural at all

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

The choice of implant is based on the dimension of your natural breast. I would suggest you see a board-certified plastic surgeon who will take measurements and then can show you the options available to you to maximize your size without overstretching your breast.

Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Size

Size is an individual decision determined after measurements and putting implants in a bra to see what volume you like on your chest.  So see some experts in your area and find out what might work best for you

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

The perception of what is a "natural looking breast" is very individual and varies greatly from patient to patient and from doctor to doctor.

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, desired outcome, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breastdimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 C-D and a 36 C-D are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer. Nor is there a direct correlation between implant shape or size and cup size.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection for a Natural Look

IMO a high profile 400 cc implant is likely to be too large and not give a natural appearance for someone your size.  You haven't posted photos to reflect your breast contour and skin availability however a more natural look IMO is generally provided by a mid profile implant that is placed in a subpectoral (beneath the muscle in the upper region of your breast) position.   As your skin is overstretched by an implant too large for your skin the result becomes increasingly unnatural.

Discuss your goals and perhaps show pictures of others to your ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon to make sure that you are comfortable with your surgical plan.

Jon A. Perlman, MD