Why do my 525cc implants seem way too high? (Photo)

I'm 6 days post op, I personally see no difference on camera for having such a large implant put in. I love my tummy tuck, that looks great! But My actual breasts look the same to me but my implants feel like they're way up to my neck. Is this normal? Will my breasts look like I've had them done in a few weeks or should I be worried? I posted before and after pics.

Normal for 6 days post-op?

Everything appears to be healing well and looking normal at 6 days post-op.  Implants should ride high and be firm in the early post-op period.  They will eventually settle into their pocket and "drop and fluff".  Just be patient and continue to follow your plastic surgeon's instructions.  Good luck!

High implants

In the photo, it appears that the implants have a "high and tight" appearance that is common early after surgery.  I'm guessing you may have had some degree of tuberous breasts based on your shape and the circumareolar mastopexy scar pattern.  If this is the case, tuberous breasts can take even longer to settle as the tight lower breast tissue needs extra time to expand.

You should expect that your implants will begin to "drop and fluff" over the next few months.  Make sure you stay in close contact with your plastic surgeon as certain maneuvers (like downward stretching) can be used to accelerate the implant's settling process if needed.  I have a feeling that you will like your results a lot more in a couple of months once the tissues relax and the implants settle. Best of luck!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Result

Thank you for the photos and the question but preop photos would be helpful to give a meaningful answer to your question.  That said relate your concerns to your surgeon

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Why do my 525cc implants seem way too high?

Thank you for your question and photograph, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest. Though they will not get bigger, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance, and filling your bra cup more. I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

It is way too early for you to be concerned.  Did your surgeon cannot tell you that it takes 8-12 weeks for the implants to drop into a more normal position?.  Results look very normal this early after surgery.  Your implants will drop quite a bit and look much more natural in the next 8-12 weeks.

Implants too high

Implants tend to initially sit high and with time, as the swelling resolves, will drop and settle some. Best to give your body adequate time to heal before assessing your result. Good luck!!

Breast implants seem way too high?

Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.
Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward may assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants). The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized.
Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.
As breast implants "settle", they tend to round out the lower breast poles. As this occurs, the nipple/areola complexes seem higher on each breast mound.
Again, best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Implants too high

Your implants look too high, because they are.  This is not uncommon, when the implants are placed under the muscle, and therefore the implants are pushed upward.  If they do not relax, your surgeon can exchange the position of the implants to ABOVE the muscle.