4 months post Rhinoplasty. Cartilage in tip showing worse, what would the experts do at the year mark? (photo)
Doctor Answers 6
Post op rhinoplasty
Cartilage showing through the skin
- Placing a piece of soft tissue (fascia) will help camouflage the tip cartilages
- It would add about 1mm of projection depending on the piece placed
- You can adjust for that by removing just a slight amount of cartilage
- It is best to see your surgeon or a second opinion where you can be examined
- From there we can address your concerns
You might also like...
Thank you for your question and photos. Based on the pictures, you would be a candidate for a revision rhinoplasty with placement of a tip graft to soften the contour. Alternatively, we have had good success with soft tissue fillers in the nose. These do not require surgery, but are temporary. Interestingly, we find that fillers last longer in the nose than they do other areas of the face, some as long as 2-3 years. See an experienced plastic surgeon to discuss this option further. Good luck.
Tip graft showing
Best of luck
Tip cartilages showing after rhinoplasty.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.