4 days post op. Will I ever have a cleavage or more fullness? Should I plan for a revision with round implants? (Photo)

Just got my BA-290cc Teardrop shaped Sillicone implants over the muscle! I really wanted under the muscle but was told I had a high chance of getting a double bubble if I decided to go under the muscle due to the distance from my nipple to inframammory fold. I feel like they are too small and I have no cleavage what so ever and I feel like they are closer to my armpit. I want boobs like the picture added will I have to do a revision and get round to achieve this look? Can I go under the muscle?

Too Early To Tell

Hello,You are way too early to determine your results. Volume is volume, regardless of the implant type, round or shaped. You have precious little tissue, and your nipple to inframammary fold was the biggest limiting factor. Your surgeon was doing you a favor by limiting the surgery to your anatomic capacity, and your results are likely to be very good. Your goal photos were not in your best interest, and would have put you at substantial risk of either early or late complications.Best of luck!

4 days post op. Will I ever have a cleavage or more fullness? Should I plan for a revision with round implants?

You have a beautiful result, especially when considering where you started. Obviously you chose a very talented surgeon. You can get to the end result you like, but not all at once. Give it 6 months and then talk to your surgeon about stage 2.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Post op breast augmentation

it will take several months for your implants to settle. Be patient allow for adequate healing to occur and then reassess. The implants need to be centered under the nipple areolar complex and if your nipples are located laterally, your implants will be more lateral or near your armpits.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate.  You will not lose any volume but the way your implant sits on your chest wall will change, and can result in different ‘fills’ to your bra.   Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Post op results

Good morning and thank you for your question and photos. It appears as though you are healing nicely for the amount of days that you are post op. At this point I think that it is still too early to make a decision about revision for size. As you continue to heal, your breasts will soften and settle into a more natural position. Also, the two pictures that you are comparing are very different. You have no top support on and the model in the other photo has a swim suit top on that might have push up or underwire that could be adding to her shape. Give yourself a good 6-12 weeks at least until you start to see some settling. Continue to follow up with your surgeon and follow all post op care. Best of luck to you! You look great!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Will I ever have cleavage?

In total agreement with thoughtful answer of Dr. Pousti, my recommendation would be to allow swelling to resolve and follow your result over time.  Do not rush to judgment.  Work with your surgeon who knows you best, and, if you are disappointed with your emerging outcome after 6-12 months, discuss with your surgeon and consider second opinions.

Steve Laverson, MD

Will I ever have a cleavage or more fullness? Should I plan for a revision with round implants?

Thank you for the question and pictures. It is extremely common to receive different opinions from different plastic surgeons about the best way to treat a specific “problem”. Each plastic surgeon may have his/her opinion that is based on their specific/unique education, experience, and personal preferences. Their opinions may also be shaped by unfavorable results they have encountered in their practices. It is quite amazing how adamant each plastic surgeon can be about the superiority of his/her recommendations…

Although these different opinions can be confusing and a source of anxiety for patients, it is good for patients to understand the different options available. Ultimately, it will be up to each patient to do their due diligence and select their plastic surgeon carefully. Part of this selection process will involve the patients becoming comfortable with the plastic surgeon's experience level and abilities to achieve their goals as safely and complication free as possible. In my practice, I treat patients with some degree of tuberous/constricted breasts on a weekly basis. I prefer the use of the sub muscular (dual plane) position for many reasons; you will read about the pros/cons associated with some glandular versus sub muscular breast implant positioning on this website. I also prefer the use of round silicone gel breast implants for most patients with tuberous/constricted breasts.

In your case specifically, given that you are early out of surgery, I would suggest ongoing time/patience and close follow up with your plastic surgeon. Evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed several months from now. I would not be surprised, after viewing your goal photographs, if revisionary surgery becomes necessary to achieve the desired look. At that point, the pros/cons associated with conversion to the sub muscular (dual plane) positioning can be discussed.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to patients with constricted/tuberous breast surgery) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.