3 months post op. Breast asymmetry and dents in cleavage. (Photo)

Should we have gone more than a 25cc difference? Or is my anatomy causing the implants to sit this differently? Are there different options that can be done during surgery to address these obstacles? Example: I’ve read of a a doctor removing some of the skin on the flap of the larger breast to ensure the L and R sit evenly. Also, on my right side, my rib seems it is in the way of the implant settling in the cleavage line. What can be done to address that now? Will time help?

Post op breast augmentation

I think you are being unrealistic about your breasts. You have very little asymmetry which is natural. Breasts are sisters not twins. You started out with less tissue on the left and so there is a difference. Allow your breasts to fully settle about 8-12 months before judging them.

Breast Asymmetry

Hello, Your preoperative appearance is predictive of your outcome.  One breast is fuller with more skin, which made it expand more than the other. Excising skin or using more asymmetric implant volumes would not have been beneficial and would have created asymmetries of their own.  With the exception of your irregular cleavage, which is only apparent in the photo of you in a dress, all looks just fine. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Asymmetry and Augmentation Surgery

Judging by your preop photos, it does appear that there is some asymmetry preoperatively.  The left breast appears higher and has less volume than the right.  Your postoperative photos also seem to reflect this after wards.  However, the last photo you have downloaded looks pretty good.
At this point, I would allow another month or two for things to settle and then you can assess how things look.  It would be best for you to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience in breast surgery and breast revisions.  This way you can properly be assessed and you and your surgeon can figure out if there is anything that can be done to improve your results.
Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD