1or 2 syringes of Juvederm? (Photo)

I know everyone is looking to have the full pouty lips like Kylie Jenner; I go in today to get one syringe of Juvaderm... To achieve such look should I look into 2 syringes instead of one? When I apply make up I tend to overline the lips just a little, to achieve a fuller "look". In the second pic of pouty lips is the look I achieved through a cosmetic tool that is only temporary and bruises my lips; but this is my ideal result! Also would this be proportionate to the rest of my face? Thank u!

Lip Enlargement with Juvederm

The look that you seem to desire is fairly extreme in my opinion. I know however that some patients want an obvious look but nonetheless I would recommend that you only start with one syringe of Juvaderm at your initial visit. This will allow you to adjust to the change in your lips and decide if you truly want more volume. 2 weeks after the injection you can return to your doctor's office and consider adding increments of a syringe if you would like even more improvement.

Jon A Perlman M.D., F ACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Plastic Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Juvederm and the Lips

I would definitely would start with one syringe of Juvederm for the lips and see if you like the results. You can always add more product.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

I suggest adding more later, do a little bit and sculpt over time.  There is significant swelling that occurs with fillers and its best to take it easy when you start.  voluma will give you more volume.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm

I would recommend starting with one syringe of Juvederm to see how you like the fullness of your lips and after two weeks once all the swelling is resolved you can always return for the second syringe if you want to add more volume. Starting with two syringes of Juvederm in the lips is alot, especially considering you haven't had filler in your lips before. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Go step by step with juvederm

It is always better to go step by step with Juvederm.    It is always easy to add a little more but removal is a one way street and hard to limit.     Go step by step and you will be happy and get what you want.   My Best,  Dr Commons

Juvederm lips

It all depends on correct injection techniques and knowing where to inject and how much.  This is a beauty injection with the injector being a true artist.  That is the most important factor to get that personalized results that would be amazing.  It is not matter of volumes but how to use the material as normally one is enough.  

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Number of syringes

I would suggest starting with one syringe of Juvederm ultra and see how this looks.  This will likely be enough, but if you need more, you can always get some more later.  Just be sure to go to a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for best results.

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist