Need to take 10 years off my face. What is best approach for my facelift? (Photo)

39 years old. Under eyelid saggy and wrinkle after Botox. Not happy with my mid face, feeling it is saggy. Also don't like the smile line, especially the left side (use to have injury on this side when I was a teenager. Suspect that might be part of the cause)

I don't feel a #facelift is yet indicated when looking at your pictures

Thank you for your pictures.  I don't feel your face is ready for a facelift.  Perhaps an upper eyelid lift - aka blepharoplasty - would be a procedure to consider.  Otherwise, some fillers to your cheeks, chin and jawline would likely provide you with a refreshed and youthful looking face.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon

Not time yet for a facelift

Thanks for sharing your pictures.
You look very young, with nice skin, so you do not seem to be a candidate for a facelift yet.  Consider other options for now, such as botox, fillers, platelet rich plasma, a soft chemical peel etc..

Alberto Arguello, MD
Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Facelift to Take 10 Years off My Face

In these pictures I don't see any indication for a facelift. You should consider augmenting your cheeks with long acting fillers such as Voluma or Restylane Lift, fat augmentation, or cheek implants. Your flat asymmetrical chin can be improved perhaps with an implant; however I cannot tell because you did not provide a lateral view. These maneuvers will give you better facial contours and balance.

Facial Rejuvenation

A face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is always recommended, however, (by your photos alone) it seems that you have volume loss and not ptosis(droopiness), which can be improved by using fillers or fat grafting.  I like to start with fillers so the patient is able to get an idea of what they will look like prior to doing something more permanent like fat grafting.

Clayton L. Moliver, MD

Not happy with my face...

Thank you for your question and photos. The good news is that I don't think you you will need a full facelift to treat your concerns - that being said, there are certainly other options available that will help you achieve your goals. Fillers are a common and reliable approach to treat many of the concerns you mentioned. That being said, the approach to facial rejuvenation is quite complex, as there are surgical and non-surgical options, and among non-surgical options, invasive and non-invasive approaches. All of these techniques have their place and when used in the right patient lead to good results and happy patients. This 'matching' process of patient to technique/approach is very detailed and nuanced and requires discussion and physical exam. I would suggest a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon so your specific concerns can be gone over in detail, a physical exam be performed, and individualized recommendations be made. Good luck!

See no indication for facelift in this 39-year-old.

You seem to be holding up very well at 39 years of age. No facelift is indicated. Fillers in the malar area, tear trough, and nasolabial folds would be a nice addition. It looks as though Botox in the glabella region might help with some of those furrows.

No facelift

You are not a candidate for surgery and I would recommend fillers for your concerns. See a plastic surgeon for consultation.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Candidate?

There are several options that can help you achieve a more youthful appearance, including minimally-invasive options to tighten the skin to achieve a more lifted appearance. Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Facial rejuvenation

Thank you for your question and photos.  Volume loss in the midface starts in the late 20s and becomes apparent  by the late 30s for people who are relatively lean.  Adding volume back is the best solution at this point.  There are many options from fillers to fat transfer.  The smile line that you notice more on your left side is because you pull more with the muscles on this side of your face.  If you look at the corners of your lips, your left side is pulled higher/tighter.  This is what is responsible for the more prominent crease.  The same muscle tone is likely responsible for the difference at rest as well.  Surgery is not going to correct this asymmetry.  Fillers along are also unlikely to be successful.  If it bothers you a lot, a very small amount of botox along with filler will probably give you the best result.  See a facial specialist who can give you a detailed exam and work collaboratively with you to get the results you are hoping for.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid surgery candidate

The photographs do not demonstrate the facial changes of aging necessitating a facelift. The puffy and herniated fat in the lower lids can be addressed with a lower blepharoplasty. For many examples  and more information, please see the link and the video below