10 months PO Tummy tuck and still have a bulge. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had a full tummy tuck December 2015 and this buldge above my belly button hasn't gone away. What is it? How do I get rid of it? I feel more selfcontious after this procedure than I did before it. Sorry the pictures are sideways and upside down, the app isn't letting me adjust them.

Bulge after tummy tuck surgery?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after tummy tuck surgery.  Accurate aiagnosis and advice would require in-person evaluation.  Having said that, my main concerns would be the presence of ongoing abdominal wall laxity, the presence of his long-term seroma cavity (bursa)  or residual adipose tissue.   Again, physical examination should offer differentiation of these possibilities and all are treatable;  in other words, your situation can certainly be improved upon.   Best wishes.

Bulge at 10 Months Post-Op

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks. You can return to full activity without restrictions at 6 weeks.

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

Swelling and tightness can last for months after a tummy tuck and it just takes time for complete healing and final results. If you find yourself worried or concerned about your bulge or swelling it is best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined and make sure that healing is progressing well.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you follow up with your surgeon to voice your concerns and so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Bulge after Tummy Tuck

Dear MaBecca,

Thank you for your pictures.  It looks like you have some weakness to your abdominal wall in that area. The only way to address this would be to have another operation to tighten and or reinforce the abdominal wall.  Please visit with several plastic surgeons for multiple opinions.  Best wishes.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

You Need to Follow-Up

Hello, and thank you for your question.  You need to be seen by your board certified plastic surgeon. A physical exam is required to diagnose your condition, but it is possible that the upper portion of your abdomen did not adhere to the abdomen wall after healing. Please get in as soon as possible so you can be happy with your results!