Can 1 syringe of Juvederm look better if it's administered by a more experienced person?

Will 1 full syringe of Juvederm, used in both lips, look the same no matter which qualified person does it? Can it be manipulated to look better or more by a different parson? Or is 1 syringe always going to have affects of 1 syringe? (Hope not too confusing)

Juvederm Injection with Expert vs. Non-expert

Thank you an excellent question.  It is not the filler (product injected); it is the Filler (physician injector).  Placement of a filler is key.  Understanding the anatomical structures and dynamic motion of of your individual face allows your experienced board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to attain a "wow" look with less product.  

As a national and international trainer for Allergan and Galderma, I have the opportunity to visit many practices.  When teaching advanced injection techniques, I find we use almost 30-50% less product to achieve amazing natural results. 

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX

Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

The injector needs to have not only good skills but a good "eye" also

An experienced injector will generally deliver the product to the intended areas with fewer complications and greater precision, (and usually more comfortably also.)  However, you should also trust the "aesthetic" of your practitioner.  If someone does not have more than just a basic understanding of the landmarks and overall aesthetics of the subunit they are treating, they are apt to produce a result which will not be harmonious with one's overall look.  You see this all the time when you notice people with gigantic "duck" lips.  So, yes, the experience of the injector is important, but their "philosophy" of beauty is equally important.  Personally, I find that if someone can tell that you have had an injection, that is a "failure."  I take pride in natural enhancements which compliment one's existing features.  Best of luck, and Happy New Year!

Juvederm Injections for Lips and Injector Experience

Your question is excellent and I can compare it to any skilled procedure.  There are different degrees of experience and in the preparation and "details" that vary.  Your results will definitely be better with a more skilled physician with years of experience.  You only have to read all of the questions and see the photos of poor injections and problems to understand.  Best, Dr. Green

Fillers and facial sculpting by experts or non cores

anyone very advanced in filler injections and is a true expert injector can make a syringe go much further.  however, for anyone, one tube of filler is very minimal.  often for facial sculpting/contouring I am using a layered technique that combines fillers in different areas to get the best results --- and this is numerous fillers over time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm

Absolutely, when it comes to botox & fillers, an experienced injector can provide better, more natural-looking and longer lasting results.

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Can 1 syringe of Juvederm look better if it's administered by a more experienced person

The cosmetic result is best achieved with an experienced injector as they will place the filler in areas to the required amount, avoiding the sausage appearance you could get in non-experienced hands.

Julio Garcia, MD

Experience is key

Experience is paramount in the administrations of cosmetic injectables.  Inexperience injectors can use the product in inappropriate ways leading to unwanted results.

Juvederm Injection by an Experienced Physician

Regardless of how much Juvederm is injected into your lips the result will always be better if the work is done by an experienced physician because results are always dependent on the skill of the injector.

There are different locations (and depths) for injection of filler so it is possible that someone inexperienced may not have gotten the maximum benefit from the injection for you.  One syringe is usually enough in the lips (1 cc) to see a marked improvement but occasionally someone's lips are so thin that a follow up injection is required.  My best advice would be to suggest that you find an inexperienced injector for the next injection to be confident that it was done properly.  Good luck and enjoy your results.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Bd of Plastic Surgery
Member, Am. Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, CA

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Juvederm in the Lips

Thank you for your question.  A physician with more experience will likely give you a better result.  The volume will be the same (1 syringe is still 1 syringe).  However, the proper placement of that volume can give you a more natural look.

Lisa Zaleski-Larsen, DO, FAAD
San Diego Dermatologist