Juvederm still in face after 6 months? (Photo)

I had hyaluronidase to try and remove this, but it is still there, looking nasty. what can I do? thanks

Hyaluronidase to remove Juvederm

I would recommend seeing your physician again for a full assessment and consideration of repeat Hyaluronidase injections. It may several injections to fully remove the filler. Good luck!

Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Persistent Juvederm

Don't give up.See your physician again. You may just need multiple injections of Hyaluronidase. your doctor doesn't want to over inject and may need to do it a few more  times.Good luck to you.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase

Hello! Thank you for posting your question and photo. Don't give up hope, I would have this injected again with hyaluronidase...it may have not been injected into the area where the filler deposits are located, they may need to inject a little more superficially in order for it to be helpful. Also, I recommend that you give the area a good firm massage several times per day with a cream or oil, this can help soften and flatten the filler that has become lumpy in these areas. Best, Dr. P.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm filler

It may take several injections of hyaluronidase to break down nodularity from the Juvederm injections.  These fillers may last one year and sometimes even longer depending on the particular product.  I recommend scheduling reassessment with your surgeon who may be able to continue with repeat hyaluronidase injections until the desired outcome is achieved.Best, Stephanie Power MD, MSc, FRCSC

Juvederm still in face after 6 months?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I am not sure I can answer your question without knowing exactly what you're referring to. However, I can say that it generally takes multiple injections of hyaluronidase to dissolve hyaluronic acid filler. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase to dissolve Hyaluronic acid dermal filler

Additional Hyaluronidase may be injected to dissolve the remaining dermal filler.  It is not uncommon for this to take multiple sessions, depending on the type and amount of dermal filler used, and the amount of Hyaluronidase injected.

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm

Juvederm can last between 6-12 months depending on which Juvederm you had placed there. If it was Juvederm Voluma it can last even longer. The best thing to do would be to return to your injecting physician to have the area evaluated to see what is still remaining and have more Hyaluronidase in the area to dissolve the remainder. It can take multiple sessions to dissolve the filler. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Facial Fillers: dissolving the filler

The majority of facial fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring sugar-like substance that attracts water. This material can be dissolved with an enzyme called hyaluronidase. It can take a multiple sessions/injections of hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler. It's best to go slow. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm still in face after 6 months?

Juvederm can last about 6-12 months.  It is best to return to your provider and have it assessed.  You can always get more hyaluronidase.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Can juvederm still be present after hyaluronidase

Juvederm is a long lasting hyaluronic acid gel.  It can take quite a bit of hyaluronidase to dissolve Juvederm, especially Juvederm Ultra Plus or Juvederm Voluma.  Without having seen you prior to your filler injection, it is hard to judge what is you and what is still juvederm.  I recommend that you return to your treating physician or if you prefer, another physician who is expert in injectables.  She can evaluate you and help you figure out whether what you need is more hyaluronidase, or a different hyaluronidase (some patients get faster results with vitrase versus hylenex but the former carries a small risk of allergy) or additional better placed filler.I hope this answer was helpful. Best wishes.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD