Can it be skin necrosis? (Photo)

I just had rhinoplasty 7 days ago today and on the 4 day the tip of my nose started oozing oil and a sore had appeared. Dr. Said he had never seen anything like it and I'm worried it's necrosis. He changed my antibiotics and is having me put neosporin on it.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Follow up immediately

hello Joanjay,

I will keep this short.  The skin of your nasal tip indeed looks like it may be undergoing necrosis, infection or both.  This needs to be examined and treated immediately.  The wound needs to be cleaned, cultured and antibiotics changed.  Unless the photo looks worse than it actually is, it appears there is a real issue.  I also suggest you do a search in your area for a hyperbaric oxygen chamber and see if you can start some treatments there right away.  I hope you are ok. 

Paul K. Holden, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon