Repeat capsular contracture (Photo)

I had silicone implants installed May 2015 and within 2 months formed a sever capsular contracture in my right breast. I waited a year and had a capsulectomy done 4/2016--returned to Doctor next day and had to go back into Surgey to remove implant again. I was told on 9/2016 I have a mild capsule but it is not contracting. I can live with this one as it is not very bad, but can I prevent it from getting worst?

Recurrent Capsular Contracture

Hello,It appears you have periareolar incisions, which means you were not given every chance possible to minimize your risk of recurrence. You need to see a revision breast expert and you will likely get an inframammary incision and a total capsulectomy.Best of luck!

Capsular contracture is not fully understood even today.  The risks are variable.  It is difficult too predict what your future risk would be.  Prevention can best be carried out with massage which can be instructed by your surgeon.  Hope this helps.Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Capsular Contracture

Aggressive massaging of the right breast can help keep the capsule softer. Also, there are some drugs that have been used successfully to help correct capsular contracture. Talk with your surgeon to see if he/she has any experience with such drugs and if he/she would recommend them. In the meantime, make sure you are massaging the implant at least 3 times a day for at least 5 minutes each time. All the best,Dr. BlaggAustin, TX

Capsule contracture

massage can help your propensity for contracturea more radical resection of the capsule can helpalso, creating a new pocket UNDER the current  pocket is often helpfulTalmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Capsular contracture

There probably are not a lot of measures you can personally take.  Capsular contracture is likely related to bacteria.  If it doesn't bother you, then you should just leave it alone.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon