Do I qualify for a breast reduction? (photos)

My back, shoulder and stomach pain has become unbearable. The chafing and constant sores under my breast burn like crazy. I am unable to do any physical activities and it's killing me. The physical and mental abuse that I suffer from having huge breast have cause me loose all hope and just give up on life. I can't even stand up for a short period of time without my lower back.start burning. I don't have any children and do not plan on having them. Especially if.they have to go through this pain.

Do I qualify for a breast reduction?

Based on your pictures and description, you are definitely a good candidate for a breast reduction.  If your question is whether or not insurance would cover your breast reduction, that is another issue.  Different insurance companies have different criteria for what they call "medical necessity". You would need to see a plastic surgeon within your network so that your case could be submitted for prior authorization in order to know if your insurance company may cover it or not.  Generally this also requires that you would have seen your primary physician multiple times regarding the issue, have had certain special tests, and have had a course of medication and physical therapy or chiropractic treatment. If insurance is not a consideration for you, then you are certainly someone who qualifies to have the surgery now.In either case, a breast reduction would be life-changing for you.

Excellent candidate for breast reduction

You are an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. Please see examples of patients below who have benefited from this surgery.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Do I qualify for a breast reduction?

I am sorry to hear about the problems your disproportionately large breasts cause. Based on your description and pictures, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. 
“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.
Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts. Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.
When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.  Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make. To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  
Once you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, it will be important for you to communicate her goals carefully as well. In my practice, I asked patients to use as many “visual aids”, such as goal photographs, during the communication process. Avoid the use of subjective terms; for example, "C or D cup” or "as small as possible" these terms can be confusing, since they may mean different things to different people. Once you have communicated your goals, your chosen plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with a more precise plan, including specific technique to be utilized. 
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Candidate for breast reduction?

Thank you for your inquiry and photos. Yes, you are candidate for a breast reduction with lift, this will help with your back pains. I recommend seeking a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss further details. Wish you best of luck!

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Qualify for a breast reduction

Thank you for you questions and you would benefit from a breast reduction.  All of the symptoms you are complaining about will be improved but no one can guarantee that all of your symptoms will be cured.  There are several ways to do a reduction and I would talk to a board certified plastic surgeon who can guide you through this process.  You will have meet the criteria from the insurance company to get approved and it can take some time.  The improvement of your life will be the worth scars. 

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Do I qualify for a breast reduction?

Based on your appearance coupled with symptoms, there is no doubt you would find considerable benefit in a breast reduction but I think you are asking if you qualify for insurance coverage. the only way to know that is to get a consultation and then have the surgeon communicate with the insurance company to see if you specific circumstances meet their specific criteria. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Do I qualify for a breast reduction?

Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This surgery can significantly reduce or eliminate the symptoms caused by your large breasts making regular exercise/physical activities a part of your routine. Thank you for sharing your photos and questions. Best wishes.
Dr. Gregory Park

Gregory Park, MD